Happy endings don't always work

Start from the beginning

"Liz come help me with the groceries. I will deal with your Grandfather later." She shoots a stare his way and he pulls at his beard.

"Better be careful, Grandpa." I warn him as I kind of laugh. He raises an eyebrow and gets out of his chair.

"I'll be fine, Baby Girl." He hugs my shoulder with one of his arms and kisses the top of my head. "I'm going out to get see if the others need help." He shuffles to the door and flips his hat onto his head.

"Come help with the groceries." Grandma commands. I do as I'm told. " So who's this Luke fellow?" She asks throwing frozen corn into the freezer. My cheeks flush pink and I smile. "I'm guessing he's important." A teasing tone comes out of her mouth. I nod covering my cheeks and put the bread in the bread box. "Now, who's this Lisa girl you're father married?"

" Some girl that hates me. She lied to dad, said she was pregnant, I found out told dad and he got rid of her." I shrug. I glance down at the pickled chicken feet and a look of disgust hits my face. "why do you have chicken feet?" I question looking over at grandma winging her hips to a song playing in her head.

"well, pig feet weren't there and if I would have gotten human feet you would think I am a strange grandmother." She laughs sticking her tongue out at me and snatching them from me. "when does school start back for you?" She changes the subject.

"next week. I can't wait to see my friends again."

"you haven't seen them all summer? Shame on you!" she scolds.

"I've been busy." I reply setting my phone down on the counter.

A text from Sav.

Hey! Luke is on the radio and Marisa is here for Rose! Get your but home!"

I look at Grandma and squeal.

"what on God's good earth is wrong with you child?"  The chicken feet fall to the tile for as I run to the old radio across the house and put on the country music station.

"that was Luke Bryan' song rain is a good thing!" chirps the DJ "we are also here with Mr.Luke Bryan himself! Hello Luke."

"Howdy Jase" Luke replies back. "how are you?"

"I'm great now we have some questions for you."

"shoot ." Luke says as I fall onto the couch falling in love with his voice.

"what is your favorite color?" the DJ teases.

"well I wouldn't be a country boy if it wasn't camo so I'll say camo." he laughs.

The DJ asks him question after question until he gets to his last question.

"well, we have pictures of a little blonde leaving your hotel room the other night." Jase starts. I perk up listening intently "who was this cutie?"

"well Jase. That was my amazing girlfriend Lizzie." Luke says. Right about that time a text appears on my screen.

From Luke

I miss you baby doll. I'll be home soon.

I smile and switch off the radio.

"Grandma! I'll be back later! Love you!" I shout as I walk out the door.

"well,well,well. Sounds like someone hasn't broken up with their forbidden country boy."

"Mark." I groan. "leave me alone." I command.

He grips the top of my arms and picks me up of my feet, looking me straight in the eyes.

"You will be listening to me from now on!" he hisses. He releases my arms and I fall to a weak heap on the ground. I feel a steal-toed boot connect with my back and I cry out in pain. "yes, scream baby." he says climbing on top of me and straddling my waist. He gently strokes my cheek as a small tear leaves my eye from the pain he caused in my back.

"help!" I manage to scream as he smashes his lips to mine keeping me silent. I struggle under him and he pulls back smacking me across the face. I place my hand where his made contact and small stings run through my cheek. I watch him ball his hands into fists and connect  it with my eye. The pain is unbearable and I black out.

-----

I open my probably swollen eye and look around the darn room I'm in.

"good you're awake. I had to make sure your weren't dead. I'll check on you tomorrow. You're food is over there." Mark walks over to my limp body and kisses my lips. "no more fighting. Remember? Good night my love." he walks to the door and closes them. A sound of chains hitting the wooden door hit me.

He's keeping me captive.