Chapter 38: Pranks and Knowledge

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapter 38: Pranks and Knowledge
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Because brothers don't let each other wander in the dark alone."– Jolene Perry

"Marco!" Luffy shouted from across the ship making said man turn his head towards the pre-teen who was running his way a large grin on his face and his straw hat sitting proudly on his head.

"What did you do this time-yoi?" Marco sighed but couldn't help but smile back at the kid.

"Dunno what you're talking about, it's not like I pulled the best prank ever on Thatch or anything..." He said turning his face away from Marco and sweating heavily.

"We need to move now! Thatch will be here soon!" Ace said coming up behind Luffy grinning like a cat.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt-yoi?" Marco sighed for what felt like the millionth time. Marco had been arguing with Ace about his new hate for shirts of any kind for a while now.

"Don' like them, and the ladies like a man with no shirt." He said his grin getting wider.

"Why's that?" Luffy asked tilting his head and Marco glared at Ace.

"Uhhh ... Because... Never mind Luffy we need to move now!" Ace said avoiding Marco's look

"Maybe I should stop wearing shirts.." Luffy said to himself which caused Ace to laugh loudly.

"And show off your lack of a chest little brother?" He scoffed knowing that Luffy hated that Ace looked more muscular than him.

"I'll get stronger! I'm only 12 you know!" Luffy shouted pouting his cheeks out looking up at Ace who only pinched one of his cheeks.

"Right and once you're 15 like me I'll be 18 and still stronger then you." He challenged but smiled fondly as Luffy flared up about becoming stronger then him any ways.

"Oi! Are you guys' stupid! We just pranked the pranking King; he's not going to let us get away with this so easily! We really need to move like now!" Sabo said Jumping down and shaking his head at his brothers' actions.

"That's right, you boys must be stupid." A soft voice said form behind the trio making a shiver go up their spine.

"Now, who gave you boys' permission to pull a prank on me?" Thatch said glaring down at the now shaking teenagers who took a step back towards Marco who only crossed his arms and shook his head. A dark shadow came across Thatch's face making him look slightly sadistic as he crossed his own arms and walked towards them carefully.

"You do know that action is punishable by a salt water bath at the kindest." He said slowly to the boys.

"I-I- I'm... It was Luffy fault!" Ace said pushing Luffy forward only to have the kid step back quickly and push Ace forward.

"It was Ace's plan!" He said in his defence

"But you went along with it!" Ace said back with some heat.

"Next time you want to prank someone make sure you have the strength to back yourselves up afterwards!" Thatch said bringing his fist down on both of the dark haired teenagers heads.

"Swowwy Thawtch..." They said from the floor as the man shook his head.

"Don't back away just yet blondie I'm not done with you either..." He said turning his eyes towards a now pale Sabo.

"Y-you heard them, it was Ace's idea..." He said putting his gloved hands up in front of him protectively.

"Yes I did hear that, I also know that neither Ace nor Luffy have the brain capability to think through the smaller details." He said taking a step towards the kid whose eyes widened.