Chapter 26: Dancing in the rain and Nightmares

It was raining out and had been for the past few days.

"I'm bored!" Luffy whined into the dinner table putting his head against it annoyed with the rain.

"We'll be out of the area soon enough try and be positive, Lu." Thatch said collecting some of the dishes that were left over from lunch.

"I wanna be out of it now!" he whined louder Luffy who was 8 years old wanted to play on his beloved deck and when it rained not even pops sat outside.

"Well too bad kid, you and water don't mix well so you're stuck in here till it's all over with." And with that Thatch went back into the kitchen to start on his dishes and with the amount of siblings on this ship the dishes were plenty, if he wasn't careful he could be washing dishes all day!

At this point in time though Luffy was getting frustrated he wanted to go out and play, not be stuck inside the galley all day! Sabo was reading a book he had gotten from Haruta abut navigation and Ace was heading to the kitchen to talk with Thatch but secretly wouldn't mind helping him with the dishes. Marco was in his own room finishing up work that needed to be done and pops was resting in his room. The rain sometimes made pops feel a little sick and sore so the nurses were all over making him rest on those days. All of the commanders were doing something to occupy their time, well all except one.

Luffy saw Izou sitting in his spot at the dinner table a cup of coffee beside him and paper and a pen in front of him. Luffy had no one else to visit so he snuck up quietly and gave the cross dresser a big hug.

"Luffy?" He said in surprise he was so into his drawing that he didn't hear the kid coming towards him Luffy smiled widely and climbed onto his lap.

"What cha drawin'? He asked looking down at the picture not sure what all of the arrows and numbers meant but Izou smiled at the kid.

"I'm drawing the design for some new clothes the crew can't keep wearing the same things forever kid." Luffy laughed with his brother since he liked getting new clothes from him.

"Next time you should draw something I can wear in the rain!" Luffy laughed then pouted remembering that it was still raining and wanting it to end quickly. Izou looked at the boy for a moment curiously before a smile came to his face.

"I think I might have something to help you out there brat." Izou said with a smile picking the kid up and walking off towards him room taking the longer rout to avoid the rain. Izou being the one to make the clothing for the crew had everything and anything for "just in case" problems and sudden inspiration moments. He couldn't help but smile wider as this was going to be one of those special times. Sitting Luffy down on his bed he went to work grabbing everything and anything he might need from their properly placed spots in his room. Strips of rubber cloth and warm padding underneath he started to sew together at an amazing speed the fabrics creating a bright rubber coat.

"Luffy here is a new jacket for you." He smiled and held up the coat it was red in color with a small lion growling at the bottom of it, Izou added that for an extra touch.

"With this on you'll keep dry from the rain." Luffy jumped on the bed and reached for the mystery coat he absolutely loved it!

Izou helped him put it on before putting one on himself over his kimono and picking up a large umbrella and a smaller one from a cabinet in the corner of his room.

"We can only play at a certain spot on the ship to avoid the waves okay Luffy?" Luffy nodded his head and followed his brother out onto the deck. This part of the deck was surrounded by walls and further away from the railing so Izou figured he would be safe here from the roaring waves. The rain was falling but as Thatch said they were moving out of that area so the rain should stop soon enough.