We Who Own The Night

{Prologue}

My mother often said that the mistakes you make always come right back around to you. And that moment that I woke up to Eli Williams I knew that if I didnt get out of this truck this mistake would either come back to me or stay with me throughout the rest of my highschool career. So what did I do, I ran of course, I ran out of the stupid drive way lot past the field with scattered drunken bodies everywhere. I ran all the way home at 5am with my hair falling all over my face and my eyeliner across my arms, ruined lipstick and scattered hickies across my neck and chest. Going to that party was a stupid choice, and I knew it as soon as I crawled out of my window with my red lipstick, winged eyeliner and a dress so short my grandma would have a stroke if she saw it.

Going to that party would give me a social status that I craved it would get me into the coolest parties with the juniors and somphmores. I didnt think that losing my virginity to Eli Williams would be apart of that, but being so drunk I couldnt remember my name and sharing a cigarette with him, made me see him in a new light almost a romantic one. Maybe it was the smoke around me or the way he smelt like mint and whiskey but looking at his pink lips made me do something I regret, I kissed him pratically pounced on him losing all my self control as his hands made there way to my waist. Crawling into my bedroom window and collapsing on my bed sobbing with a torn dress, no panties on and my bra in my hand I sobbed all morning remembering what had happened the night before. 

I was fourteen at the time and didn't know black from white. Eli was the kind of guy who every girl wanted to be under, and I don't think he'd even mind. He seduced anyone with the simplist movement of a shy smile. I guess that's how I became intoxicated by his awkward yet seemingly charming smile. The older crowd always threw a giant party in Alexa Finn's backyard with a pool and a field made for dancing. My friends and I, having the connections we did with the older grades, were invited to the mass of people dancing and drinking for the night. That was the first night I met Eli Williams. He had made awkward yet intense eye contact and in that second all thoughts of my mothers words flew out the window. We had made our way through the crowd to eachother till I was right in front of him he grabbed my hand and whispered sweet nothings in my ear as we danced and kissed the night away. alittle while after he lead me away from the dancing promising an amazing night. We found ourselves in the backseat of a truck making out who knows whose truck it was all I was focused on was his lips moving against mine to the faint beat of the party. The rest was a blur, of clothes and lipstick and awkward fun. The whole time my mothers words never left my head the mistakes you make, always come right back around to you. I learnt one thing that night, sex with a stranger is a horrible thing to do.