torn

Jades pov

It's been almost a week since I ran from the gems, I can feel the argument between emerald and aqua threatening to split me apart. Aqua wants to go back to the gems but emerald wants to stay away to keep them safe, this is slowly making me split but I know if I do then there is a chance I won't come back for a long time.

Suddenly the snap of a stick echos through the small clearing breaking the silence. I stand and swiftly move behind a tree towards the edge of the open space concealing myself from view. A few minutes later I see the familiar figures of the crystal gems.
I silently curse while slipping further into the forest, planning on escaping before I'm spotted.

My plan was quickly destroyed as I see a pair of glowing yellow eyes peak out of the darkness before a tall, buff figure tackled me, this sent us both flying into the same clearing the gems were stood in. I had no time to think before the gem launched again but this time towards Steven.

"Stop!" I yell this catches the gems attention as garnet yanks Steven out the way quickly as I my weapons, however I have a shock when instead of my two swords a pair of Japanese war fans appear. I quickly try to summon the swords but again the fans appeared.

The tall gem that attacked me had long bushy red hair with matching red eyes, they were the same size as garnet and wore a tight fitting yellow body suit with a diamond in the centre. I suddenly recognised the gem as one of the highly ranked trainers named smoked Jasper.

The Jasper turns towards me her teeth bared in a sickening grin as she pulled a giant axe from her gem. I glanced at the gems who looked shocked and worried, garnet was about to come help yet I shook my slightly. I did not want their help, they could get hurt.

With that the battle began.

The Jasper launched herself forward at an incredible speed, she rose her axe before bringing it crashing down I swiftly dodged the blow my instincts taking over as my new weapons felt natural in my hands. I quickly ran towards the gem flipping over her at the last second and slicing straight through her arm which fell the floor with a disgusting thud. She let out a angry scream before using her other arm the swing the axe at me, I jumped backwards but the axe still grazed my side causing a large gash to open and oozed blood. I stumbled back slightly before moving forward quickly and performed a quick flurry of slices that the Jasper blocked with her only arm causing small deep gashes to appear along it. She smirked at me and I gave a confused look.

The Jasper suddenly span round, I took this chance the slice the gem on her back causing her form to flicker yet she charged forward straight towards...... Steven

I let out a cry but before the gems could react I threw myself in front of Steven, feeling the axe dig into my back before a poof was heard and the Jasper's gem hit the floor. I let out a cry as the axe disappeared and I collapsed.

"Jade!" I heard the gems and Steven yell before I felt the familiar hands of garnet cradle my head and place it into her lap.
I look up to see her shades removed and tears streaming from her beautiful eyes.

"Garnet" I whisper out in pain. I could feel that both aqua marines and emeralds gems were cracked from the fights and stress I was forced through meaning that it was hard for them to retreat.

"Jade" garnet whispered. "I'm so sorry, I should have been able to save you and protect you, Jade I... I lo- everything went black as aqua and emerald retreated into their gems and I went back onto my astral plane. I sat there in the swirling world of blue, and started to sing a song that I use to hear from my best friend on homeworld.

-play song-

(Garnets pov)

I sat on the sofa in the house emeralds and aquas gems sat on small red cushions upfront of me, we had healed the gems in roses fountain but now I had to wait for them to reform and I could see my beautiful little Jade again... I mean our friend Jade. She isn't mine...

Not yet.

______________________________________

Hey hey hey!

I hope you liked it please let me know also this song as well as gasoline by hasley are my favourites. So tell me if you like them! Another thing is let me know what should happen next and how you feel about this chapter!

Love you guys
From
Cait xx

Update: Also guys I entered the Wattys!
Good or bad idea let me know xx