Journey & Trips

First view;

By train or by plane, some people around you are always curious to when you will reveal your face. Those weird gazes never leaving, makes me cringe. And sometimes I feel like disclosing the fact that I have two eyes, nose, mouth and some skin here and there, just like any other human. But that would be to rude to say, hence leading me to ignore them.

To be truth, after few years you get used to it. You then pay no heed to those stares, and in return you make weird faces inside your niqab without letting anyone know. The one common habit of mine is scowling under with no notice taken

Second view:

There are people who come at you, to talk about you, your choices and religion. When explained, they do not realise it as our choice and show their support. And then there are the ones who do not want to understand no matter how hard you try.

Meeting new people, talking to them and getting to know about them is what makes the journey wonderful. Not everyone approaches you with your veil on. But those who do, you know they are broad minded, unbigoted and liberal. And this actually makes you want to talk to them.

You talk about religion and they seem interested. Then, they realise what the media portrays us is different than what we actually are.

But in the end, all it takes is someone who is willing to listen your side of story