forty

Jungkook p.o.v

you're so,

--

The days trickled by so quickly and soon enough; I had spent a full three and a half weeks with the ever so beautiful Park Jimin.

Currently, I leaned back against Jimin's chest as we watched a movie. We shared a blanket and laughed and sighed at some scenes. Many times, I closed my eyes and listened to the breathing of his, wishing I could cup his sighs in my hands and listen to them over and over again. The mere breathing of his was so melodious.

When the credits rolled down the screen, I yawned and went to get a glass of water. When I came back, I stopped in my steps to see Jimin rolling up the blanket.

When his eyes landed on me, he smiled faintly and walked towards me in those blue striped pyjamas and a white shirt which hung even more looser than the last time I'd seen him wear it.

He took my hand and gently led me from the dim lit living room and through the ivory walled hallways. I was confused, but I still let him lead me through just like I let him lead me through our fates.

He squeezed my hand and led me to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

I looked around to find it messy, typical Jimin. I remembered the first time he had taken me to his office in the hospital and teased him for being disorganised. But at that time, he had turned around and laughed, saying, "everything has a place, even amongst chaos."

Jimin let go of my hand and shuffled onto the bed. When he noticed I wasn't doing the same, he patted the pillow beside him and whispered to come closer.
These days, Jimin spoke less and made more sounds and feigned more actions than words.

But I was pulled out of the thought when his warm hands yanked me down onto the bed and I gasped when I felt myself stumble on top of him. I blushed when I tried to move and he held me in place, feeling the rapid movement of his heart, or perhaps, mine.

He looked at me with those exquisite dark coffee eyes and smoothed back my hair that grazed my eyelashes. He smiled and snaked his arms around me, holding me. I lay my head against his chest, closing my eyes and letting myself be accustomed to the arms I called home.

After a few seconds, I heard him whisper something in the dark room which smelled faintly of cherry blossoms freshener.

"love."

I tried to lift my head out of curiosity, but Jimin hugged me tighter, refusing to let me witness his face in the moonlight.

"love is something you feel, isn't it?"

I closed my eyes and tried to not to cry because that seven word sentence was the most longest sentence he'd spoken in a week.

I lifted my face, and this time, he let me. I stared into those deep eyes that although saw everything, didn't quite remember everything.

I don't know why, but I couldn't answer him because at one moment,

he was whispering the word over and over again to me, kissing my eyes, my nose, my cheeks, my tears,

and then the next,

his arms loosed around me I lay on top of him, crying silently and watching my tears fall on his face, as the few waves of fear and confusion invaded his brown orbs,

and I heard him painstakingly try to utter the words;

"w-who. . . are -you?"

And I knew, I knew right there,

he had entered the second last stage.

--

far away.