Chapter Ten: "Next to you"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Artist ©: MookieOOO [Tumblr]
Bananafishu [Instagram]  💕
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The room was quiet.
A bright ray of sun shun through the transparent curtains above him.

He always sat next to the wall.
It was away from everyone.
No one bothered him either.

Though the first couple of days, a few girls introduced themselves asking for his number.

He managed to away by saying Kim was his girlfriend.
It was weird, but he was wearing men's clothes. Attraction this time around was the complete different.
It was from the opposite sex.

Kenma sighed and brought his head to his desk. He couldn't concentrate.
Thoughts of Kuroo never left his mind.

A short time later the bell rang.
Kenma sat there for a bit and waited for the people to file out of the way.

Kim, almost skipping, came to meet Kenma at the door.
"I remembered you didn't like crowds to I waited."
"Thanks." Kenma said offering her a bleak smile.

She sighed and poked his shoulder.
"Ya know, you can't hide anything from me Kenken. Somethings been bugging you for the past month."

Kenma knew that too.
He wanted to tell her.
He realized that he couldn't, or rather shouldn't, keep anything from her.

"Fine, I'll tell you at lunch."
Kim smiled and shoved her hands into the pockets of her loose joggers.

"How's it feel to be back?"
"It's different from before. Pretty quiet, besides the cafeteria, I like it."

"Those girls aren't messing with you again are they?" Kim narrowed her eyes. Kenma wouldn't call it that, but they were pretty annoying.

"Hmmn...they've laid off a bit since I told them you're my girlfriend."

They settled at a small table to the back of the lunch room near the door, which was opened because of the nice weather.

Kenma pursed his lips and looked down at the table.
When he'd moved to Kastmont he had lunch with Kuroo on the first day.

"Kai's not here?"
"Nah, his job is interfering to much with his schooling. He might get expelled. Hopefully not though."
She made a face as she leaned into her lunch bag.

Her dads unconventional way of thinking always made him laugh.

Apparently he'd bought fast food for the both of them.
"Why'd he even put it in a lunch bag?"
Kim shook her head exhaustingly as Kenma held his laugh.

"I'm asking mom to make our lunches tomorrow."

"Sooo." Kim looks at Kenma with earnest eyes. A french fry dangled from her fingers as she awaited his response.

He'd completely forgot that he'd tell her at lunch. He took a breath and slumped over the table so she could hear him better.

After he finished explaining...

"Tsumi did what now?!" She shot up from the table with a fiery look in her eyes. "I'm gonna murder that bitch!"

A couple of people turned around at Kim's bizarre statement.
Kenma grabbed her arm urging her to calm down.