5. Love doesn't exist

Months had passed, Me and Iris were now bestfriends and she was still dating that guy, nothing had changed between them. I still loved her, but I also never wanted them to break up because I couldn't see her sad. Everytime I saw them together, somewhere inside I used to wish that I was in place of that guy, but I also knew that this was never gonna happen.
            It was a lot for me to take in, and I never really able to accept the reality. It was very hard to believe that Iris can never be mine, and it was getting even harder day-by-day. Every night, I slept with tears in my eyes, imagining what if I was the guy whom she loved. I still couldn't forget her. I loved her a lot, so much that I could do anything just to see her smiling face once.
             A year passed they were still dating, I was currently single so i decided to focus on my studies. I started studying hard, which would keep me busy. Few days later, I came to know that she broke up with Alex. She was sad, which I never wanted to happen. I could not do anything but just try to keep her happy by cracking some jokes.
             She moved on, but she stopped believing in love. She thought that, ‘Love is just a word, it just exists in movies and not in real life.’ I tried to make her believe that love does exist, but she was not ready to accept the fact. It kinda broke me form inside and I started losing hope. Everything had become a mess, and I still never told her how much I loved her.

AN-

Vote✨