The Boogeyman

I call him the boogeyman. He sneaks into children's bedrooms at night and the next day they're nowhere to be found. I was one of those children.

The night he came I was sleeping in my bed. I had apparently left the window unlocked. He shook me awake. His hand over my mouth and a finger on his lips his commanding me to be silent. I don't know what he gave me. Some sort of powder. But it made me feel good when I should have been scared.

He took me to his home. There were other children there. Others who had families that missed them. He was... disillusioned. He would feed us his propaganda. Then the powder. That's how it was. Crazy talk, powder, more crazy talk, more powder. We didn't know what he would to us or when but we didn't care. I did see what he did to some of the children. He clearly preferred them young. At a certain age you just... disappeared. He did away with you.

I come from a large family. Not fat, but large in stature. As I grew up I grew tall and strong. That's how I was able to get out. I managed to get others out too. In a moment of powder free clarity I truly heard what this maniac was talking about. He lived in a fantasy land and I wasn't going to be his drug fueled victim anymore.

After I got out I made it my life's work to catch this predator. I was close once. He escaped. I was left maimed. He's still out there taking children from their homes. But I will catch him. I will bring him to justice. I am Hook.

Boogeyman = Peter Pan

Powder = Pixie Dust

Kidnapped children = The Lost Boys

Also references to how Peter Pan (in the original story, not Disney) kills the Lost Boys when they grow too old to be a "boy." Additionally, Captain Hook is theorized to be a Lost Boy who escaped, and that he lost his hand in a fight with Peter

Scary StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara