Motivation

The last game of the season is always the hardest.

All that hard work you put into all of the games you play, the practices,
The training camps.

The beads of sweat that form on your forehead when you so much as come in contact with the ball.

All the pressure is on, and Ren Mihashi is a nervous wreck.

He's always nervous, the way he jumps when someone so much as, taps him on the shoulder.

The way he yelps out and shakes like a chihuahua when Abe calls his name.

Today the Nishiura baseball team is playing one of the toughest teams in the league, Mihoshi academy...

Everyone on the team is out on the big field tossing the ball around to each other, getting warmed up for the big game... Everyone, except Ren Mihashi...

Mihashi sits in the corner of the dugout, his knees to his chest as he tries to steady his breathing.

What if we don't play well?

One of our players gets injured?

What if I get injured?

What if Abe doesn't want to pitch for me anymore?

What if it rains?

What if we play bad?

What if we loose?!

Mihashi's thoughts were stopped as Abe walked over to him.

"Mihashi!" He called.

Mihashi jumped back in fear, his mouth forming a diamond shape and hiding his face in his hands.

"Mihashi what the hell are you doing? The game starts in 15 minutes and you haven't moved from that spot since we got here!" He held his hand out to help Mihashi up but he flinched and sunk back into the corner.

"Hey Mihashi seriously what's up with you?" Abe crouched down next to Mihashi and spoke softly, being careful not to scare him away.

"A-Abe-kun... I'm just a little tired that's all" Mihashi held back a tear that was threatening to escape his eye, but it fell anyways, landing on his knee.

"Hey Mihashi, don't cry" Abe wiped his tears with his thumb and wrapped his arm around Mihashi.

"Hey Mihashi give me your hand" Abe said, grabbing Mihashi's hand and lacing there fingers together.

He was sweating, but not the kind of sweating you get when your hot.

The kind of sweating you get when your hearts beating too fast and you feel nervous and anxious.

"Mihashi, I know your nervous but I promise you we are going to kick the other teams ass, you are a great pitcher and I know you can do it okay?" Abe said reassuringly.

"T-thanks Abe, I feel much better,
B-but how did you know I was nervous?" Mihashi asked,
Taking a deep breath as his breathing steadied.

Abe smiled slightly and squeezed Mihashi's hand a little harder.

"I can tell from the temperature of your hand, that's why I held your hand that first time" he let go of Mihashi and stood up, helping Mihashi up from the ground before checking the clock.

"We got 5 minutes til the game starts, do you need a good luck hug?" Abe asked, holding out his arms.

Mihashi shook his head as to say 'no'

"Well how about a good luck kiss?"

Before Mihashi even had a chance to respond he felt a pair of warm, soft lips on his.

Abe was kissing him, he was actually kissing Mihashi.

Mihashi blushed bright red as he kissed back a little.

Abe was kissing him...

Abe was kissing him

ABE WAS KISSING HIM!

When Abe pulled away, all the worries and doubts from Mihashi's mind seemed to have disappeared.

He forgot why he was scared in the first place.

Abe was right, we are going to kick this teams ass!

•••

It was almost the end of the tenth inning... The score was 5 to 3, we are winning by 2 points...

The other team was up to bat and they already had 2 outs, one more and we have a full chance at winning.

2 players are out on the field, one on third and one on first.

Mihashi was up to pitch, so he walked up to the mound and put on his mitt, adjusting his cap, ready for Abe's sign.

Fast ball, low and outside.

Mihashi read Abe's hand signals and pitched, the other team missing the ball completely.

"STRIKE!" The umpire called and as everyone cheered, Abe was already running towards Mihashi and engulfing him into a bone-crushing hug.

"We did it Mihashi! We won the championship game!" Abe took off his helmet and kissed Mihashi. Hard. In front of the whole Nishiura baseball team and the whole crowd.

Everyone clapped and cheered as Abe wrapped his arms around Mihashi and pulled away, lacing their fingers together and cheering for Mihashi.

"I told you we would win,
All you needed was a little motivation"

•••

Hey did you like it? Don't forget I also take prompts so feel free to send me a message!