Chapter 7

Ryder

 Poor Rex , the kids been working as hard as us men. He's grown up in the muscle's. But he's still a small guy. I can hear him groaning in pain, I know he's feeling it. I felt it too, for the first couple of weeks. I have everyone in on the escape plan my cousin has made.

 Every time we go out I see a hardness, replace what was once probably a sweet loving little boy. He came here a child, but he'll leave here a man. Every one has had to grow up. I saddens me. I hope my dad is doing good, maybe mom had another son, and they can have him become their pack leader. Unless we can escape.

Calla

 We have stopped for the night at a secluded part of a forest. I put my bag down and shifted. I sigh happily, and plopped down on my butt. I look over to see lily stretching, I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was going to hunt down some dinner.

 She comes back fifteen minutes later, with three rabbits. I had a fire going so we put them on to cook. I shift to my wolf, and let Lily have her human form for a bit. She prepares the food and make two beds. I lay down and listened for danger. 

"Summer I wish Ryder where here." I cry silently

"I know Calla, but we have to go and save him."

"I wish Lily didn't have to leave Sam, she must feel like her heart was ripped up."

"Yeah she looks so forlorn. I wish we could do something to make here feel better. Maybe we could have invited Sam?"

"Summer, she wouldn't have been able too. Their looking for UN-mated males, and they haven't mated yet." She says.

"Oh I didn't think that."

 I can't believe Calla made Lily leave her Mate. If I was Lily I would have told Calla to stuff it were the sun don't shine. I wouldn't wish being apart from your soul-Mate even on my worst enemy. I wish he was here. I look up into the sky and didn't notice when a strange wolf showed up. I look around and decided to go back to Calla.

 I fall asleep with the wind in my face and Lily standing guard. 

*******************

 Five days and still no sign of Ryder. I felt like we where running in circle's. I tried talking to Summer, but she was all quiet. I tried Lily and she just ignored me. I shake out my fur. Standing up, I come across a strange smell, like something burning. I try to yell but I was knocked unconscious.

**************

Ryder

 There was a commotion outside. I could hear it, every wolf could. I tune in my senses and caught some familiar smell. But I just turned around and went back to work. Then I heard shouting and a figure dart past me. I reach out fast as lightning and pulled it close.

"What are you doing, kid?" I ask

"Hey cuz, I guess you can't remember your favorite cousin." This must be a dream because Lily isn't that stupid. 

 ****************

 I jerk awake when a wolf body lands on me. I look at the body and noticed that it was bigger than me, so it would have to be a very powerful Alpha. I stick my nose on the wolf's scruff, and sniffed. Girl! Why would a girl be down here. I poke her with my paw, and almost had it bitten off. 

"Hey watch were you bite." I whine.

"You watch it man. Hey where am I? Better yet who am I?" Oh fluffy bunnies, they must have experimented on her.

"I don't know who you are, and I have no idea where we are." I tell her.

"Oh okay." she drifts to sleep.

 I wonder what's taking my cousin so long. She better not be taking some kind of pit stop. I hope she gets here soon. Other wise this girl here, will never make it. Alpha blood or not. I look over at Rex and had him cuddle up next to  her to keep them both warm.

 I go and talk to Drake, we discussed the girl, and came up with nothing. Hopefully my little cousin will get here. I wonder what she looks like. It's been at least three years since I've seen her. I sit up and watched for a bit. Then fell fast asleep with two warm bodies next to me.