I frown, “Flip the page, I knew I’d need more lines so I answered it on the back, the last question.”

And that’s how I spent the next fifteen minutes talking about The Scarlet Letter with Kade, arguing the reasons for my answer with him. As I ranted why I thought that was a good answer I realise that Kade was looking at me with an amused look, his sleeves still pushed up, the snake head still visible, I tried not to let my eyes stay on it too long, I don’t think he realised he was showing it to me. “What?” I snap, probably a little too harshly, but it somehow made him laugh.

“That passion, the way you just argued you reasons and your answers,” He says shaking his head slightly, “You need to put that into the essay tomorrow when you do it. If you do that, you’ll get an easy A which will bring your grade up to a C, and a C is a pass Anna.”

My head snaps up when he calls me Anna, Georgia and Theresa were the only ones to call me Anna, but I found myself not minding all that much as I nod, “Alright, I should let you get back to your friend.”

“Oh don’t worry about me Miss. Tipsy.” I jump and spin around looking into the adjoining kitchen to see the black haired man rummaging through the fridge, wait did he just call me Miss. Tipsy?

“Dude.” Kade scolds, “My mum’s going to be wondering where all the foods going, she doesn’t know you’re here.” He says, as I head towards the door, giving a small wave but still listening to them, since they weren’t exactly quiet.

“Dude.” I hear the man, Robin, mock back, “Your mum doesn’t even know I’m here, we all know she don’t give a damn.”

And with that I close the door.

I knock back the drink and feel the liquid slide down my throat, tonight was the night, the semis. As usual Tori and Chase come over twenty minutes after the rest of us had been gathered already drinking.

Tori adjusting her skirt so it was around the right way and Chase pulls the shirt over his head, earning catcalls from the guys.

I scrunch my nose up and just take another swig of my beer, who was I to judge, if Tori wanted to screw around with everything that had a dick, so be it. “Who’s Gideon going up against?” I question getting everyone’s attention.

It was Chase who answered, “Four-Eyes, fuck man, he’s good.”

Joey’s arm slings around Chase’s shoulder, “And I found out why, he’s got Rob Jones helping him out,” All the boys let out low whistles.

“Damn, how’d he rope Rob back in,” One of the guys whistles, “I thought he detested fights.

“Get him a good fighter and he’s back in,” Tori laughs, “We all knew he’d be back. But he won’t win against Gideon surely.”

“Wouldn’t be too sure.” Yet another guys says, nervous about shit talking our own fighter and Tori’s ‘Buddy’, “I’ve seen Four-Eyes fight, and he’s good, the thing about having Rob on his side is that he knows their weaknesses, yet no one knows his, because no one knows who he is.”

“Come on.” Tori says, now worried, “The fights about to start.”

We all nod and walk into the arena, it was packed, excited chatter wrapped and engulfed us as we entered. “Ladies and gentlemen!”

And just like that, those three simple words, everyone went silent, anticipation in the air as we all wait, everyone thinking the same thing, ‘Surely Gideon had this.’

“It’s not yet the finals, but it is the decider, tonight’s battle is against our own GIDEON!” He roared the last word causing everyone who was from this town, which was most of us, to cheer loudly, including me, due to the alcohol in my system. “And from the town over, FOUR-EYES!” I was surprised at the cheers, it wasn’t as dominating, it was laced with many boo’s, but it was still loud, and that’s when it really hit, this was the semis and this guy had to be good.