Chapter Eleven

MafuMafu slumped against the couch in the living room, completely exhausted. He had spent the whole day cleaning, and looking over at the clock on the cable box told him that it was now close to five thirty in the evening. I wonder when Soraru-san's going to get back from work, MafuMafu thought to himself as he slid down farther on the couch. Maybe he'd just take a nap right here until Soraru returned... The sound of the front door opening followed by a familiar voice calling, "I'm home!" made MafuMafu's exhaustion disappear, and he immediately leaped to his feet. Before Soraru even had the chance to take off his shoes, he was tackled by a very elated MafuMafu.

"Whoa-!" Soraru stumbled back a bit from the force of the white-haired male's excited hug, before he managed to regain his balance.

"Soraru-san, you're finally home! I was so bored without you here!" MafuMafu chirped with a grin.

"Hey, if you act like this every time I come home from work you're going to seem more like my wife than my housemate..." Soraru trailed off as he noticed the condition of his home.

Instead of it being destroyed like he had originally joked about, it was completely spotless everywhere that Soraru looked.

"Speaking of acting like a wife... did you clean this whole place while I was gone?" Soraru asked in astonishment, looking down at MafuMafu.

MafuMafu laughed a bit sheepishly. "Yeah, it started with me cleaning the dishes in the sink, then the whole kitchen, and before I knew it, I had cleaned the entire house."

"Wow, that's actually... really impressive. And really nice of you, too. It's all spotless, I don't think I've ever seen everything this clean before," Soraru commented while looking around again in wonder.

MafuMafu's grin broadened, his eyes now shining with delight. "You really think so?"

Soraru nodded. "Yeah, I do. Thanks, MafuMafu, this was very thoughtful of you."

Soraru gave him a good pat on the head, and MafuMafu looked like he couldn't be happier.

"You may not be the best cook, but I'd say you're pretty skilled when it comes to cleaning," Soraru added a bit teasingly.

MafuMafu wasn't sure whether to be upset that Soraru had brought up his poor cooking skills, or proud that he was considered skilled at something. MafuMafu settled on a mixture of both, with pride showing a bit more evidently on his face.

"I almost feel bad using the kitchen to cook dinner after you worked so hard to clean it," Soraru stated with a small laugh. "Maybe we should just order take-out."

"No way, Soraru-san's cooking is the best!" MafuMafu exclaimed.

Soraru chuckled softly. "Alright, alright, let's go see what I can fix up for us."

With that, Soraru led the way to the kitchen, and the two spent the next few hours eating a good meal and relaxing together as if they'd done this every night of their lives.

      "It's supposed to be really cold tonight, so we might need a few more blankets," Soraru commented.

He and MafuMafu were getting ready to head to bed when Soraru remembered what one of his coworkers had said earlier. He relayed this information to MafuMafu, who didn't look very concerned for someone who didn't like the cold.

"That's fine. I'll just have to sleep extra close to Soraru-san tonight," MafuMafu responded with an innocent smile.

Soraru turned away from him to grab an extra blanket from the closet in his room, his face tinted slightly red. "I'm not your personal heater, you know..." Though, he muttered this so quietly that he doubted the white-haired male had heard him.