Epilogue

9 months later

Zeviah

"Today's the day"

Aniya's last interlude: that this book finally ends after 20 whole days

"And a drumroll please" Freestyle tapped on the table.

"My water isn't guaranteed to break, today"

Freestyle and Greasy both sat infront of me, waiting.

"We should take a walk or something" Bryson held his hands out for me.

I grabbed onto them, and he pulled me up.

"Thank you"

"How does your stomach feel?"

"I feel fine" I laughed. "I guess he's just going to be a little overdue"

"Nah, he coming today. I can promise you that"

Greasy opened the door, and we all stepped outside.

"I still don't think I'm ready for him to be here" I laughed nervously.

Bryson moved in to kiss me on the lips. "We're gonna be fine"

I finally knew what it felt like To Be Loved by Bryson.

He had actually changed for the better.

He wasn't involved in illegal activity anymore, he stopped faking his urine tests, and he got a job.

He also moved in with me.

Freestyle on the other hand, served 6 months in jail because he refused to see his probation officer.

In court, he said that he 'refused to see that white trash Billy because he knew that he was associated with the Klan and black lives matter'.

After he got out, he proposed to Greasy, and they moved out of the facility and into their own apartment.

I felt myself being lifted up.

"Yo water just broke and you staring off into space with that stupid ass smile on your face, Zeebie. Get it together"

Sure enough, my legs were now wet.

"I can walk to the car, Bryson. Set me down"

"Nah, you can waddle, and you don't do it fast enough"

-

"When can I start pushing?" I groaned.

Two nurses put my parted legs on the leg stands, so I was essentially busted wide open.

"You can't push until after the cervix is completely dilated and no longer in front of the baby's head"

I groaned. "I think my baby has a big head"

"You're almost there. Would you like your epidural now?"

I didn't want anybody to put any type of needle in my back.

"No thank you" I shook my head.

Bryson stood beside me, doing absolutely nothing.

"You fidgeting around too much, Zeviah. Why you panicking?"

"I'm scared, nigga. Why else?"

I bit my bottom lip and groaned when another contraction hit.

"Breathe, Zeviah. Look at me" A male nurse said.

"She don't need to look at you, bruh. Can't you see that her nigga right here?"

"So if I hop out of the bed, and stab you, are you still going to be there?" I grabbed onto his arm and sunk my nails into his skin.

"Time to start pushing" The doctor said, and adjusted my legs.

A nurse passed Bryson a rag, and he put it on my forehead before taking a piece of ice out of my cup and rubbing it on my arm.

"That shit hurt, the fuck?" He mumbled with a scowl on his face.

"Bryson, shut up"

"Don't hurt me cause you hurting. This shit ain't mutual" He dropped the ice and grabbed onto my hand. "And I'm bleeding"

"Well I'm pretty sure that I'm going to loose more blood than you today, so shut up"

"Why you gotta make it a competition, damn? You win"

There were a few nurses laughing, but this was normal for us.

After thirty minutes of pushing, the doctor told me that the baby was half way out.

"One more solid push, Zeviah, and he's out"

I felt Bryson's hand crumble under my grip, as I squeezed it as hard as I could.

I felt my stomach cave in, and they lifted him up to suction his mouth before setting him down on my abdomen.

We did it.

He was crying as they cleaned him off, and I looked up to see Bryson crying too.

And that made me cry.

"What are you going to name him?" The nurse asked with a polite smile on her face.

Bryson smirked, and wiped his tears. "I got an idea"

-