They sat and no less than four seconds later, Dr. Lectus strode in front of them, gave Jordan a nod, and began his speech. " planet 49.." He said dramatically as a 3-D holographic image appeared in front of him. " I've discovered only 2 years ago, and from conclusive, limited research I have come to the conclusion that it is very very likely..." He paused to breathe. " it's very likely that that human existence can survive here."

He stopped and beamed at all his listeners. Then he knit his brow, "You don't believe me?" He then reached down and pulled off his shoe, "Here let me show you." He fumbled with his penny loafer. "Planet 49 has an atmosphere similar to that off the ancient earth's." he said waving his shoe around. "It possibly has water, and oxygen and food..." He trailed off, looking into the distance

"We can return home." He whispered. His voice was so full of hope an his eyes were excited. "I'm going to prove that there is a habitable place for us!" He said proudly. "I -"

"What? You can't leave the ships." Someone in the back shouted. Probably someone who thought Lectus was an old loon. "How do we know this even exists?" The guy asked,

"You're insane, old man," he laughed

"He's making this all up," many people started nodding and mumbling agreements. Jordan wanted to punch some assholes right in the face. The look on dr. Lectus' face was hurt.

"But-" he began.

"You crazy old bat! You've completely gone insane!" Someone shouted.

The room erupted in shouts and insults almost all directed at Lectus.

"HEY!" Jordan shouted, "HEY! ENOUGH YELLING!!"

Everyone quieted down as she stared at them all "What has gott-"

"Never mind" muttered Dr. Lectus as he threw down his shoe. "Class dismissed" he said quietly as he trudged into his office. People happily stood and filed out the door. Alex reached for Jordan's arm "What do you believe?" She asked."I'm not sure." She shrugged, "Dr. Lectus didn't get to finish." Jordan said as they left the room.

For about two hours they wandered the York Ship, waiting for the guards to spot them. York was the largest, richest, and nicest ship. Nitro was where the poor lived. And Valute is where the

'prisoners' are kept. "Wait" Alex stopped and felt her wrist "My bracelet! It's gone!"

"It's okay. We' ll find it" Jordan said, unconcerned, " lets go back to Lectus' classroom and look there, okay?"

They turned around and headed for room 62. They opened the door and went to the front row. They searched the seats and all around them. "I don't see anything" said Jordan "Oh, here it is" said Alex picking it up off the floor."Must have slipped off when-"

"Hey, where'd all of Lectus' things go?" Interrupted Jordan, "All his research on planet 49 is missing." she said as she looked at his desk. "Did he take it with him?" Asked Alex "I don't think- oh no." Jordan said as she pulled out a piece of paper from his desk.

On it was today's date, the time 1:30, and pod 12. She checked her watch.

"It's 2:25. He left an hour ago." A pit grew in her stomach. "Left to where?" Alex asked, looking at the paper. Jordan put her hand to her face and thought. "Every hour the guards change positions. I have exactly 5 minutes to get a pod and leave the ship." She muttered.

"What are you talking about," said Alex, "I'm coming with."

...

"How much more time?" Asked Alex as they sprinted through the halls.