Chapter 23

Bwahahaha! Didja guys like the cliffhanger last chapter? I know it was a jerk move, but it was totally essential. And sorry for not updating forever. See I normally write my stories on my iPod but for the past two weeks the app (and the website) kept crashing, and whenever I managed to get something down, it would crash again and delete whatever I had written. And I also had my finals in school so that took up all my time. Anyway, love you guys sooo much! VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW!

(Okay I'm thinking that this should be my 'slogan' or something any thoughts on it?)

Love all y'all! Hannah

P.S. please don't hate me for what I'm about to do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Maxs POV*

(I'm sorry!)

After hearing Raina's heart breaking story, Max wondered if it would be okay for him to ask her some questions. His headache had disappeared long before Raina had finished and now he could think clearly again.

"So," he said tentatively "you've only known about your power to fly for only a year?" Raina looked at him through her still damp blue eyes.

"Yeah. I haven't told anyone. Well minus you." She bit her lip and ducked her head. "It's terrifying honesty. I know we seem pretty messed up to you guys, but what I have isn't normal. I'm a freak."

"No you're not. Sure you may not be normal, but normal is boring anyway." Max smiled at her as she slowly lifted her head.

"Yeah I guess so." She gazed at the water below them and she laughed.

Feeling confused, Max looked at her curiously. What could possibly be funny right now?

"What's so funny?" he asked as she looked at him with an odd smile on her face.

"Well look at us." She said spreading her arms. "We're both freaks of our own kind. We don't even fit in with our own kind." Raina paused and she slowly began to drop her arms."

"We are quite the freaks." Max said quietly. "But at least there's two of us." He finished softly as his stomach began to toss and turn.

Raina smiled as she leaned against his shoulder. Instantly Max's hands became clammy and he couldn't feel his legs. His heart beat like a hammer, and his throat closed up.

Am I sick? Max thought as he tentatively started to rest his buzzing head on her head. But before he could consult his symptoms or his emotions, a scream shattered the peaceful atmosphere. Raina jumped up, startled, only to knock her head against Max's. They both winced in pain as they grabbed their heads.

"Who do you think that was?" Asked Max as he held his aching head. That girl's got a hard head that's for sure.

"I'm guessing Flo. We'd better hurry." Raina began to run towards the source of the scream which happened to be in the direction of the forest.

"Not again." groaned Max as he bolted after Raina.

This stupid forest was going to be the death of him. Well hopefully not literally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Danny's POV*

As soon as the weird frost guy had walked out from the bushes, Danny knew that they were in trouble. Fortunately Max wasn't here to pick a fight with Rim, but without Raina, they had no way of defence.Speaking of the guy, Rim was now gazing coldly at them. Danny only hoped that Rim wouldn't single him out. He still had to get back home to tell his grandpa about this crazy place.