VIII

I woke up at 10 pm, I had terrible nightmares and my head hurted a lot. I kept asking myself "What the fuck just happened?". Every single word he said was real, he didn't feel anything in that moment. I grabbed my phone, waiting for an apology or something like that, but dreaming is free. I changed my clothes, well I only changed my shirt and pulled off my pants, I was ready to sleep without being sleepy. 

I was sitting in my bed staring at my picture frames, they bring me a lot of good memories, especially my family picture. Next to it is the picture of Jesse and me. I grabbed it with my two hands and I smile while looking at it. I stared at that picture for a long time, at first I felt happiness, but then I realized that moments like this won't happen again. Hours before I cried all my tears, I couldn't cry this time, but I wanted to. I couldn't bear to look at that picture so I changed it. I went to the attic and I looked for the box with the photo albums. No picture could replace the photo with Jesse, but I had to do it. I found a cute picture of Mikey and me when we were childs, I went to my room and I placed it in the picture frame.

I didn't throw the picture of Jesse to the trash, I wasn't able to do it so I saved it in the drawer, with my underwear.

My phone was vibrating. Maybe Jesse was calling, but unfortunately it wasn't him. Mikey was calling. 

"Mikey?" I answered.

"Sup Zach, how are you?" He said in that cheerful tone he always has.

"Well, uhm... what about you?". 

"Oh I see... What's wrong?".

"Can you come and see me? I usually don't say this but..." I started sobbing "I don't feel okay Mikey".

"Oh... Don't worry, I'm on my way, see you later!".

"Bye" I started crying in my bed, at first I thought everything I felt for Jesse was a simple crush, but no... I was in love with him. I'm in love with him. 

I waited for Mikey in the door, with a glass of wine in my hand. I sat in the doorway and I stood up when I saw his car. 

"I came here as fast as I could, now tell me what's wrong?" said Mikey while running to me. 

"Mikey I'm just an idiot that is suffering because of love" I said giggling and wiping my tears.

"Did something happen at Jesse's party?".

"Of course that something happened" I sighed "Before you saw me cry, Jesse and I were kissing in the couch, but then he felt guilty and started saying how much he loved Devon and that type of shit... I went downstairs and I fell asleep, but Jesse woke me up and..." I sat again in the doorway, waiting for Mikey to do the same.

He sat with me "And then what?".

"We... uh... Had sex" I smiled nervously at him.

"Oh" He laughed, thanks god he didn't judge "Does it hurt?". 

"What?".

"Your ass" He smiled.

"Well uh, Mikey that's not the point. After having sex, he was so nice to me so I kinda confessed to him...? I actually don't know, but he found out that I like him and he remembered it and..." I sighed "He wanted explanantions this evening".

"Oh fuck... And what did you said?"

"I told him the truth. I told him that it was true everything that I said yesterday" I started sobbing, again "But he told me that the things he did or said yesterday... weren't true" Mikey didn't know what to said, he just hugged me while I was crying.

"That's rough".

"Yeah" I said while drinking the last drops of wine in my glass.

"Well... I think you must have to wait an apology from Jesse, if you talk to him, you will sound desesperate".

"Yes I know, but this whole thing ruined our friendship and I didn't want that to happen".

"It was going to happen anyway...".

"You're right" I stood up and I went to get more wine "Are you staying here tonight?"

"No no, I'm going to Lauren's home" He stood up too "Call me if you need some company".

"Thanks you for everything" I said while hugging Mikey.

"It's okay... Bye!".

"Bye..." I stared at him until he got into his car, when he left I closed the door. I was feeling sleepy, so I grabbed the wine and took it to my room. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't so I kept drinking. I drank a lot that night, I drank alone. I remember I almost finished the bottle of wine, but I fell asleep before it happened.

I woke up with the sound of someone knocking the door. The headache of yesterday was nothing compared to this one. 

"I'm coming! Hang on, what the fuck..." I yelled from my room. I went to the bathroom and I washed my face, god I looked like shit. My hair was messy and my shirt had a few of spots of wine. I changed my shirt and putted on some shorts and then I opened the door.

"Sorry for the waitin-" I froze.

"... Uh hey" Jesse said.

---

it's so short :'( sorry, but i was sleepy lol