Chapter 1 - After The War

It was a sunny and bright day, there was not a cloud in sight, you could her the birds tweeting and see the white peacocks stolling around the front garden. The curtains were drawn in Malfoy Manor, the sun light was shining in. The sun beams hit Draco and he stirred, he had feel asleep in the front room. Draco yawned and stretched, then suddenly, several things happened at once, the door flew open with Lucius shouting at the top of his voice, Narcissa entered too yelling, the white peacocks outside started to fight each other aswel.

Draco ignored this and made his way to the door to leave his parents shouting. "After all that's happened are you stupid enough to do something like this again?" yelled Narcissa who was red in the face with anger. "You don't understand Narcissa we have to do this, to save out pride" answered Lucius. Draco shut the door behind them. He needed peace and quiet, this house just didn't allow him a moment to relax. A cool breeze brushed passed him, the window in the hallway was half open, and he saw one peacock walk pass peering his head through the window "Shoo!" said Draco to the birds and went to shut the open window.

***

Draco spent the rest of his afternoon in his room, he lay there on his bed thinking....he thought alot these days, it also worried him. He heard a knock on his door and his mother peered through. "You alright there, Draco" she asked, she came in a sat on the end of his bed. She examined his room then looked back at Draco. He sat up, he mum gave him a weak smile. "I'm going out" he said and jumped off his bed. He left his mother and walked down the first flight of stairs. He could hear whispering audible from his father study, he avoided it and went down stairs, he grabbed his caot and off he went.

***

"I really can't wait" said an excited Hermione who was packing all her belonging in a small suitcase. "Are you sure, you're ready to do this, Hermione?" asked Ginny. "I mean...America, it's huge out there". Hermione rolled her eyes and smiled "Of course I am....i'm ready...new projects..helping the wizarding community...I definately am ready" Hermione reassured her. Ron came peering through the door, he looked at the little suitcase then back up at Hermione. "Your mum and dads here" he told her and she nodded in approval. "That's a very little suitcase, I thought you'd need more if you're going to another country" said Ron to was confused. Hermione gave a little giggle and stood up. "I put and extention charm on it Ronald" she implied and made her way down to the kitchen. She ran to her mum and hugged her tightly, he mum held onto her so tightly, she was sure her ribs would be crushed. Finally Hermione freed herself from her mother grip and embraced her father. "Hermione, remember we'll miss you dearly when you go" said her mother. Hermione could see the tears in her eyes and hugged her once again. "We're proud of you Hermione, and we love you" said her father. Hermione started to cry to. " We won't be able to see you off tommorow, so we came today" said her dad. They spent the rest of the afternoon together, then her parents had to leave. They said their farewells and Hermione ran back up to her room. Ginny was already there, she was on her bed with a book. They looked at each other, no knowing what to say, Ginny resumed reading her book without another word and Hermione resumed her packing.

***

Draco was finding it hard to sleep, he tossed and turned in his bed. He sat up feeling sick, he was sweeting in his silky black pyjama's. He jumped out of his bed and stood there in the slience. CRACK he heard a noise outside in the hallway. He slowly walked to his door, he made no noise because he was barefoot. He gently opened the door and looked outside, he saw nothing. he half expected something to jump out in front of him and attack but nothing happened.

CRACK! There the noise came again, this time from his father study down the hall a little. He stepped out into the hallway and looked around, there was nothing there. He walked over to his fathers study, not daring to make a noise. He opened the study door and saw no-one, the study was empty, he was sure he saw his was there. He saw him enter his study just before he went to bed. But no-one, not his father was there. He entered the room, the window was open and the night cold came in and made Draco shiver. He walked over to his father desk. He jumped because the nearest tree brand his the window. He finally went to the window and looked out, he saw nothing. The cold hit him again and he shut the window. His father had gone, somewhere but where? He just disspaeared. Draco ran out the room and into his mothers room, she wasn't asleep either, she sat there with her lamp on holding what looked like a photo album. "He's gone" he said. Narcissa stared at him. "He's gone, I don't know here, he just left" he told her. Narcissa looked worried and lay the book down on her bed. Tears started to run down her face. Draco...he stood there...in awe.