Transported

"Link."
Link looked to around.
"Link, beware."
"Excuse me... Can I help you?"
"Link, don't follow the light."
"Am I dying?"
Link walked slowly forward.
"Link, please! Don't-"

Link shot up from his straw stuffed bed. He looked around. He seemed to be in his house. As he could see, nothing was wrong.

Well, I'm not dead.

He tried to get up, but his legs got tangled in his heavy blankets and he tumbled onto the floor.

He could hear Midna mocking him. Her sassy remarks that would always cheer him up...

"Ah, get ahold of yourself," Link said aloud.

He missed Midna. He didn't understand why she broke the mirror, but he assumed she knew what was doing. As the Twilight Princess, her people needed her, and she probably didn't want to have to deal with the Hylians too.

Link got up. He was already in a bad mood. He headed outside and saw the village children playing with the scarecrow that served as their practice dummy.

Talo was swinging Link's old wooden sword at the beat up dummy. Malo and Beth watched in awe as Talo demonstrated the moves Link had once taught them.

"I see you've improved," Link remarked.

The kids turned. Talo's face looked like a tomato. "You weren't supposed to see yet," he muttered.

"Well if you don't want me to see it, then don't practice outside my house!" Link exclaimed. He ruffled Talo's hair and Talo smiled.

"Hey Link?" Beth giggled.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing." Beth continued to giggle. Talo looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"I'm going out to Faron Woods, so don't get kidnapped by monkeys while I'm gone."

"Will do," Malo quietly said, while Beth continued laughing.

Link saddled up Epona, who was conveniently located right next to his house. "What do you say girlie? Wanna take a ride?"

Epona happily neighed in response.

"Um, Link?"

Link turned around, but saw no one except Talo, Malo, and Beth, who were too engaged to be talking to Link.

"Epona, was that you?" I really am going crazy, Link thought.

Link heard a small giggle. He turned around once more but looked down. Standing there was Colin.

"Where are you going?" Colin asked as his sword clanked against his wooden shield.

"Just out to Faron woods. I figured it wouldn't hurt since I'm off today."

"Can I come?" Colin asked. He looked at Link with his big eyes.

"I don't see why not," Link replied.

"Link, you may want to change first."

Link looked down and realized he was still in his pajamas. "Right."

"Glad you finally noticed!" Beth yelled.

"Yeah sure..." Link mumbled. He turned to Colin, who was happily humming to himself.
"While I get ready, go ask your dad if you can come."

"Okay!" Colin joyfully trotted away.

Link climbed the ladder that led to his front door. He opened the door to his messy living room. He made a mental note to clean when he returned. He searched his messy basement until he came across his old green hat and tunic. It seemed like a good day to wear the old piece of junk. He dusted off the cobwebs and began putting it on. He began reminiscing about his adventure... Many painful memories clouded his mind but he started thinking about the village kids, the goats. He grabbed his sword and shield just in case and quickly headed outside. There he saw Colin waiting.

"My dad said I could go!"

"Great, let's go!"

Link lifted Colin upon Epona's back. Colin giggled as Epona started trotting down the path. Link stood beside, holding the reigns.

As they walked, Link and Colin started talking about swordplay. Colin admired Link because he wanted to be just like him. He wanted to be the hero. Link didn't know how to explain to Colin that being a "hero" wasn't all that it was made out to be. Too much pain and heartbreak.

Finally they reached the spring in Faron Woods. "I'm going to wash Epona. You can play in the water or something, but don't go too far."

Colin jumped in the refreshing water. Link led Epona into the water and began washing her body. Link heard Colin's splashes and giggles. Suddenly, the splashing stopped.

"You didn't drown, did you?" Link decided there was no way that was possible, as the water was only a couple inches deep.

"Link? What's this?"

"I'm sure it's nothing. Just-"

"No, but look."

Link turned around. About three feet in front of Colin was a beam of light, and at the bottom was a circular stone about the size of a dining table.

"Colin, step away from that." Link remembered what his mysterious dream had told him: Don't follow the light.

"But Link. What's wrong with it?"
Colin inched forward. Link reached out and grabbed Colin's hand, but he tripped on a smaller rock and flew onto the circular stone with the small boy still in his arms.

No, no, no, no.

Link felt a tingling sensation and knew what was happening; they were being warped.

"Link?! What's happening?" Colin yelled.

The last thing Link saw before being sucked upward was Epona running and Colin screaming.