Chapter 2

There are far, far better things ahead of us than any we leave behind.

~C.S. Lewis

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Fair warning! 

This is a filler chapter! Nothing will happen here + it's kinda boring. 

Don't read if you don't want!

 All that happens is the bonfire, Kailee hanging with Bekah. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

As Kailee had said to Rebekah, she showed up at the bonfire but instead of texting Rebekah, she just changed into different clothes herself. 

She found the blonde sitting at the fire glaring at the fire before her glare was moved to Kailee. 

"You! You said you would text me so I could get ready with you!" She accused. 

Kailee shook her head as she sat down. "No, you did." 

"All the same!" She said. "It's just... I know that you know who I am, what I am and this is the first time..." 

"Homcoming." She said, patting her hand. 

"When is that?" Rebekah asked, looking lost in thought. 

"Couple of weeks." Kailee shrugged. She smiled. "You're lucky." 

She raised a brow at me. "How am I lucky? My brother left me here with a vampite who I had a relationship with but is now in love with someone else even though his emotions are off and I don't have friends. Tell me again I'm lucky." 

"I am here. I talk. I am your friend. If you'll have me." 

A soft smile adorned her face. "That's the most I've heard you talk. Why don't you talk?" 

Looking around, Kailee pulled down her scarf a bit to show the scar that ran across her throat. 

"Trauma. For a while I couldn't talk at all. Now I talk to people I trust." She explained. 

"You trust me?" She asked, clearly shocked. 

"To an extent." The brunette shrugged, picking up a marshmallow and a stick to roast it, seeing as how the one she was roasting before was done wrong. "You're doing it wrong." 

All of the sudden, Damon Salvatore sat next to Rebekah. "Silent over there is right, you're doing it wrong. It's rough on the outside,-" He pulled the rough stuff around the actual marshmallow of it, giving her the stuff she needed to eat. "But the inside...Yum."

Kailee rolled her eyes at the nickname she had gotten while Rebekah was offended. "What did you call her?" 

"Silent, because you know... she is silent." He shrugged. 

"Don't you have friends your own age." Rebekah asked, silently shooing him away. 

"I could ask you the same." 

"I do, actually." She snapped. "Now, if you could leave." 

"I can't, actually." 

"Well then..." She said, taking the stick and piercing it through his chest. "Kailee, are you coming?" 

"Of course." She said. 

Both women stood up and started walking away. Kailee suggested going to her place for a bit longer, an invitation the blonde couldn't help but accept. She wanted to get to know the silent girl better, knowing she would like her but most definitely would not like her past. Growing up with a father like her own, and being around for 1000 years she could detect a 'broken' person when she saw one.