The Accident.

Chapter 9

studiomama Pattie Mallette

My parents got into a car accident today. They flipped into a ditch & totaled the car but thank God they are alive! My dad has broken ribs. Plz pray 4 him 4 quick healing! Count your blessings & forgive ur parents always. U never know what tomorrow holds!!!

"Oh, shit, Justin." I whispered in fear.

I quickly went on twitter and scrolled through the time line to find out what's the recent news. Nothing so far. However, #prayforjustinsgrandparents and Bruce and Diane are trending, which was good... Wait, what? #JustintheBelieberswerewithyou was trending.

Okay, first...what the fuck? They're the most supportive fan base. Not that mine aren't, but, Beliebers would always stand by Justin!

Unbelievable.

I ran down the stairs into the basement and found Justin sitting on the couch. He had his face cupped in his hands, and he was shaking from crying...it was obvious he was crying. He had been sobbing quietly.

I mean, we're talking about Bruce and Diane. They're two out of the four most important people out of his life, besides Pattie and Kenny.

They've been by his side his whole life, especially Bruce. Bruce was one of Justin's inspirations. Bruce was always with him, supporting him throughout the whole thing, ever since he became a singer.

I walked towards Justin quietly, and sat down next to him. "Justin, we should get to the hospital now."

He nodded, as I pulled him into a hug. A tight, comfortable one. "Everything's gonna be okay, baby. Believe in me. Everything's gonna be alright." I softly mumbled those few words. I'm helpless. And the least I could do was to cheer my him up.

"You promise?" He asked quietly after a few moments.

I rubbed his back soothingly. "I promise, baby." I pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears away with my thumb. "Don't cry anymore. You don't look handsome anymore," I smiled small and fixed his hair.

He let out a small chuckle.

"Come on. Let's go," I stood up and held my hand out.

He grabbed my hand and stood up, following me as I led the way out.

***

"Justin, how are you feeling?!"

"Justin, how's your grandparents?!"

"Justin, look over here!"

"Selena, how is he feeling?!"

"Selena, please look over here!"

"Justin, Selena, how are the both of you taking this news?!"

"Well, I'm taking it not so well, considering the fact that my middle finger's got a boner!" I screamed.

No, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that. That's just wrong. Justin had his ray band on, while I had my hood over my head, as we entered the hospital. The whole ride there was silent. So quiet that I felt really uncomfortable, but...if Justin didn't want to talk, I won't push it.

And those stupid paparazzis -- each of them needs. to. get. a. life! I can't believe they'd stand outside and snap pictures. They're pathetic. So, freaking pathetic. They'd rather they earned money instead of praying for Justin's grandparents.

Damn those people.

"Justin, you alright, there?" I asked quietly, giving his hand a squeeze.

He squeezed mine back, but he didn't answer, so I took it as he was neutral.

As we walked on, I spotted Pattie sitting on the waiting seat. She didn't look well, but I knew deep down she was good, knowing that her parents had survived.

"Justin," I whispered. "Go talk to your mom. I'll be here," I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

He looked at me skeptically, but he gave in and walked towards Pattie.

"Justin!" Pattie exclaimed, and stood up, giving Justin a hug instantly. I'm telling you, Justin and Pattie's relationship is perfect. So perfect.

"Mom, I'm gonna go in and see and grandpa," I heard Justin mumble. He pulled away and slowly made his way into the ward.

I didn't want to interrupt anything, because this was their family business, so I stood in my place, hoping Pattie wouldn't notice me...but, boy, was I wrong.

"Selena!" Pattie yelled, making me jump. She waved her hand, motioning for me to walk towards her, and so I did.

"Hey, Pattie."  I smiled small. "Everything going well in there?"

She shot me a smile. "Yes, everything's going well. My mom, fortunately, just had a few minor scratches. But, I insisted on sending her home to rest, meanwhile, my dad was the one with the more severe injury. Broken ribs, and a few deep cuts," she sighed.

I gave her a small hug and smiled. "Yeah, you're as strong as your parents are."

She let out a laugh.

I looked into the ward and noticed Bruce smiling at me, so I waved back with a smile. But then, I noticed Justin sitting there, staring at me with a smile, too.

"What's happening?" I turned to Pattie, and asked her, my mouth barely moving. I didn't want them to know what I was asking. It'd be to embarrassing.

"I don't know...but by the looks on their faces, I think they were talking about you," Pattie laughed and turned to me.

"Well, can I go in?" I asked Pattie, hesitating a little.

"Of course you can!" She answered with a smile.

I let out a sigh of relief, before entering the ward. "Hey Bruce!'

"Selena! It's been pretty long since I last saw you," he smiled a little bit wider.

"Yeah, that's true," I laughed a little. "How are you doing?"

Justin answered instead. "This old man is as strong as ever!"

"Except for the fact that I'm aging...y'know?" Bruce rolled his eyes at Justin, before cracking a smile. Whoa, this family sure is close.

I literally laughed out loud. "It doesn't matter! You still lookin' young, Bruce," I winked with a grin on my face.

Bruce chuckled lightly, while Justin continued grinning sheepishly.

This may seem awkward, but, trust me. Awkwardness definitely doesn't run in this family. So...we're just sitting here, smiling at each other.

Okay, well, fine. There was a slight lie in that sentence. Uh, the only awkward moment was when I raised the matter of getting engaged to Justin...BUT, no more awkwardness after that.

Uh...then they flipped out. Sigh... I guess we were too young.

Oh well.