Very grateful.

Chapter 8

Selena Gomez

Belated Merry Christmas everybody.. I can't thank you enough for all of your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate every one of you.. I love you all so much and we hope you and your family had a beautiful Christmas!

Love,

Me, Momma, Brian and our guardian angel Scarlett.

God bless

(via Facebook)

"Baby, Scarlett Teefey's trending on twitter," Justin passed me his phone, and I all I could do was smile. I was sick of crying. I knew crying wouldn't bring my baby sister back, so what's the use of crying?

"Don't worry about the past, start worrying about the future." Makes sense? Yes.

"I'm so grateful for them," I whispered with a smile. My voice was almost inaudible, but Justin caught it. He heard me. He smiled down at me before opening a tweet.

"Grateful..." he typed, "for..." he turned to me and smiled, "our fans. love u all!" He stuck his tongue out and poked on the tweet button.

Oh, what would I ever do without this boy?

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down...you'll be alright, no one can hurt you now...come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound...whoooo...who―" I let out a small sigh and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I stupidly asked. I forgot to check the Caller ID. Again.

"Yo, what up, Sel?" Jaden Smith!

"Hey! How are you doing?" A sudden smile appeared on my face. I owe this guy. A lifetime, probably.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm alone, I'm bored. How are YOU doing?" He specifically emphasized on the word, 'You'.

"I'm fine, too. I'm not alone, and I'm pretty bored, too, actually. You able to swing by?"

"I don't know, but I think somebody should be by your doorstep by now..." He trailed off.

"Who?" I asked, and got up from the couch. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Surprise!"

My jaw dropped, "Holy crap! What are you guys doing here?!" I stepped aside and allowed them in. This was unexpected.

Seriously, honestly, unexpected.

Alfredo, Kenny, Scooter, Goodie, Carin, Mama Jan, Allison, Pattie, DJ Tay James, and Jaden...were all here.

"Remember? All of us had already yelled, Surprise! when you opened the door," Alfredo chuckled and nudged me.

"YEAH, PARTAY! WOOHOO!" Goodie screamed playfully.

I know that they did this just to cheer me up, and, fortunately, I am happier than before. I mean, they're like my second family. Of course I'm happy around them!

And I can't believe I'd just forgotten how to laugh at Goodie's loud comment. I'm slow. Who to blame? My slowness. Teehee.

I walked over to Justin and hugged him. Well, if you've hugged him before, you'll come to realize that he's hugs are addicting, so...so...I needed a hug. A comfortable embrace.

"Don't worry, be happy," he whispered. He's so definitely smiling. Ahah, adorable Bieber.

I pulled away and smiled. "Dude, you haven't fed me food. I'm starving!" I winked, and mocked him. I stuck my tongue out and pointed to the food on the table.

He laughed and pecked me once. "I'll go pick out food for ya. Be right back."

I smiled...but froze. Someone turned the radio on...and they were playing Mistletoe...and I couldn't help remembering that moment, when we really stood under the mistletoe. I felt like I was Allie ― the beautiful girl in the music video ― and I'm not gonna lie about it.

Flashback

"Close your eyes," Justin whispered, close behind me, and rested his hands on my waist.

"What?" I whispered back. "But, yeah, alright, my eyes are closed. But again, what?" He didn't answer me, though.

He led me to somewhere I couldn't figure, and I eagerly opened my eyes right after he went, "Open your eyes now..."

I looked around, and looked up, and then something hit me. We were standing under the mistletoe. Together. Alone.

It's Christmas!

"Shall we dance?" He asked, holding his hand out in a very gentlemanly manner.

I couldn't say no! It was Christmas, after all, eh? I grinned and placed my hand above his, "We shall, actually."

He pulled me in closer, his hands encircling my waist, as mine found their way around his neck.

"So," he started, as Mistletoe started playing softly from the side. "I managed to get Carin and Scooter out for this."

I chuckled. "And they agreed?"

"Heavens yes! Those two needs to hurry on getting married and give me kids!" He exclaimed with a grin. "But...I don't need theirs. We could have ours...someday," he winked, before he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

The only thing I could do was blush...I mean...I'm speechless all over again. He's the only person who could do this to me.

"Selena?" He quietly called out.

Suddenly I noticed we weren't dancing anymore, and we were just holding each other...

"Yes?" I asked him and took a quick peek at the snow falling...technically, it was snow flakes. Very pretty...then I looked up at him, curiosity flooding over me.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out something I had no idea of what that was. "For my Christmas present...I know you've already gotten me something, but...would you do me an honor...and be my girlfriend?" He shot me his cute smile before holding up his hand, letting something silver fall down in a swift motion.

It was a necklace with a ring on it. "This, is for everyone to know that you're mine...and just mine."

Slowly, I felt my cheeks burn, and I looked up at him smiling. "Justin...yes. I'd definitely do you an honor."

"Great," he whispered, and chewed on his bottom lip, while he got the necklace on for me.

After that, he pulled his collar down a little, and I noticed he had been wearing a similar necklace to mine. That made me smile.

I love him.

"I love you, Justin," I said with all honesty.

He grinned cheekily, "Of course you do! Everyone does!" but then he went back to seriousness. "But...I love you, too, Selena."

He leaned down and kiss me, and at that moment, all I could do was to kiss him back, and hear his voice go, "....kiss me underneath the mistletoe...show me, baby, that you love me so, oh, oh..."

Flashback over

"You are the best thing, that's ever been mine..." I whispered to myself, while I fiddled with the ring.