Chapter 14 | Surprise?

not edited // sorry i've been inactive. i was camping and there was no wifi, also i start school in a week :( thank you guys for 8K+! xx // song: closer by the chainsmokers ft. halsey. fricken goals. 

{ B R A D E N }

All I see is red. 

Everyone backs out of my way and I bound toward the bedroom, where Kayla should still be. I bound into our room, and she is sitting on the bed reading a magazine. She gets up as I come bounding in, looking alarmed. 

"Wha-what did I do?" She stammers, looking anywhere but me. I pull her closer and breathe in her scent which is already calming my wolf down. 

We must protect mate. My wolf chants in my head. I roll my eyes at him. Kayla looks up at me. I stare back down at her. She wants to play this game? Harley and I swore to not tell Kayla about Jackson, or else she will freak, hit both of us or  will run away from us. 

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry for eating your cookies. There were just sitting on the counter and they looked so good-" She wailed, freeing from my grasp rambling to herself. I chuckled. That wasn't what I was mad about, but I wasn't about to tell her that either. 

"Oh so it was you who ate my cookies!" I playfully scold her, "I yelled at Harley because I thought it was him." She narrowed her eyes at me, huffed a breath and stalked out of the room. 

I was standing in our room, confused by her sudden mood swings, but brushed it off and went to find Harley about more pack business. 

Harley turned around when I entered the room, and breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Thank God, we thought you disappeared." 

I composed myself and sat down in my desk chair, and folded my arms over my chest. 

"Let's get down to business." 

•_•

{ K A Y L A }

This can't be happening. 

Lisa and I are currently sitting on the floor of the bathroom of Braden and I's bedroom. 

With pregnancy tests surrounding us. 

How we got here? I don't even remember anymore.

Flashback to about an hour ago.

"You okay there, Kayla?" I turn around from stuffing my face in ice cream to see Lisa looking at me a little cautiously. I smile at her with ice cream in my mouth. I set the ice cream on the table and clean up after myself. "Honestly Lisa, I really don't whats up with me lately." I respond, turning around to look at her. "I might have an idea." 

"Lisa, I promise you I'm not pregnant." I try persuading her. She shrugs her shoulders as if saying I'm not going to get out of this. 

After we are waiting for the results, Lisa comes and sits beside me with our backs to the jacuzzi we have. "Kayla," Lisa says softly, "It's ok if you're pregnant. It's great. Ah screw it, its a magical thing that not a lot of people cannot have." I sigh. "You're right. But how am I going to break the news to Braden? I'm not even sure he wants a pup right now." I say sadly. 

"Well now it's time to know." 

I close my eyes, and had Lisa read it out loud to me. When I was met with silence I open my eyes and look over at Lisa. 

She looks up at me and the next words I couldn't believe. 

Positive. 

•_•