Part 8: The Wolf's Cave

Start from the beginning

But how could she be safe in a place where her kidnapper has put her in?

It's like a wolf who has placed its prey in its territory for later, when the wolf began to crave for something to satisfy its hunger.

"No! he will kill me, he will keep me locked up again. I don't want that please help me," She begged out in a whisper which just had her out of breath. She could sense her body begin to shut down as her stomach called for sympathy for over days.

The lady laughed but it was a short laugh and seriousness settled on her features. "I understand my son can be a hassle, he is incapable of hurting even the slightest of things. Did you guys get into a fight? Dear, I'm sorry he really isn't boyfriend material and all,"She informed Delilah and wrapped an arm around her shoulder for support and lead her slowly and cautiously into the kitchen.

After hearing what she did. Life didn't have meaning anymore.

This was the sociopath's mother who was nothing like the son.

She believed that Delilah was the lunatic's partner. And that he wouldn't and couldn't hurt anything in particular, which just flooded her mind with the memory of what had happened the day she woke up entangled with Isaac. When he killed the police officer with that knife. Her body was now trembling as Isaac's mother guided her to sit on the chair from the miniature bronze kitchen table.

Delilah couldn't manage words to leave her lips just a humorless laugh which dried out her throat even more.

"Here, have water you haven't had any liquid in your system for a day now," The middle-aged lady said, placing a cup of the hydrating serum on the table in front of her.

Her weak fingers grasped tightly around the cup as she downed the water in a few gulps causing some of its substance to drip down her chin and trail down her neck at the rapidness she had consumed it. What the woman didn't know was that it had been two days since water had entered her system.

She placed the cup down on the table and glanced at Isaac's mother with thankful eyes, eyes which have been weighed down by lack of sleep and long night of drowning herself in tears.

"Thank you."

She gave Delilah a lopsided smile. "No problem sweetie it was just water. I'll make you breakfast don't go anywhere."

She froze and thanked the Lord for finally something positive in her life. Delilah rubbed the drowsiness from her face as she watched the lady take some eggs and bacon from the fridge.

Curiosity had invaded her once more as soon as the raw egg was cracked over the warm oil in the pan. "What's your name?" She questioned and furrowed her eyebrows.

Delilah's eyes met the lady's deep blue seas. "My name is Grace." She tossed bacon into a similar pan, hearing it sizzle immediately.

Once the egg and bacon were fully cooked she placed it on a ceramic plate and fork and placed it in front of the starved girl who hasn't had a well-filling breakfast for a while.

Grace sat on a chair next to her, propping her hand on her chin as she laid her elbow on the table and studied Delilah with her eyes, watching her devour the plate of food just like she had with the water.

"And your name is Delilah, it's a very beautiful name. And by the looks of it, it seems as if you haven't eaten for ages." She said jokingly with a smile which caused wrinkles of age to appear on the corners of her eyes. Silence soon consumed them for a few minutes before a gleam of something indescribable took place in Grace's eyes.

"Can I asked you something dear?"

Delilah slowly stopped chewing the last spoonful of delicious heaven. "Sure."