Chapter 2

So, this book will have shorter chapters since it's kind of a side thing and I don't really feel like writing long chapters for it.

Oh and by the way, this book takes place at a time where Killua has entered Greed Island alone. It's not canon in the actual anime, but we can't have Gon coming around and stealing the show lol.

• • •

"Wah! What is that thing?!" You shrieked, hiding behind Killua in fear. Your fingers grasped the back of his shirt with a steel grip, not planning on letting go anytime soon.

Killua smirked. He loved the feeling of you up against him, being so helpless and fragile, always needing someone to take care of you. And that someone would be him, you could bet on that.

The creature stepped closer to the two of you, a loud rumble emitting just from that. It was absolutely massive. It had an ugly face with piercing yellow eyes and crooked teeth, its body was large and round.

Killua stepped forward and you released his shirt from your sweaty hands, watching the back of his fluffy head. He suddenly disappeared, which scared the heck out of you, and then reappeared which also scared the heck out of you.

You were too busy being shocked at Killua's blinding speed to even see the monster fall sideways, its head laying a few feet away from it. You clapped you hands slowly, shaking your head in disbelief.

"I am impressed, Zoldyck." You said, your clapping ceasing instantaneously.

Killua just gave you a strange look as if to say 'yeah, you should be'. You stopped and looked around, admiring your surroundings. You'd been traveling with this white-haired mystery for about an hour now and you had made incredible progress.

You were currently in a forest of some kind. The trees were tall and had really thick trunks that were tinted pink. The bark was smooth with an elegant pattern carved into it, and the leaves were a scarlet red.

It was actually quite pretty despite the ugly monsters that lived there.

You walked close to Killua as you two ventured through the forest, not daring to let your curiosity drag you away from the white-haired boy. There were multiple forks in the road which led you to who-knows-where, you were too busy ogling at the forest's scenic nature to think about that anyways.

Meanwhile on Killua's side, he was feeling a bit.. apprehensive right now. Something he never really felt like, ever. He had no clue as to why he was feeling this way, nor did he dawdle on the matter too long to find out. He was taking you to a little cabin he had found in the heart of this very forest, and he planned on keeping you there until he found a way to transport you back to the real world where you could meet the real him and then spend your whole life living with him!

You glanced at Killua's face, noting the beads of sweat forming on the surface of his pale skin. Was he getting a bit overworked? And you thought you were out of shape! After all, a gamer's diet consisted of anything and everything on the planet that could be delivered straight to your house (or the junk food isle at the grocery store).

You didn't ask or comment about it as you didn't want to be rude, I mean, you just met the guy for crying out loud!

Deciding to break the ice, you asked, "Hey, do you even know where we're going?"

Killua turned his head to look at you, his mouth open to answer, but it was quickly shut when his eyes began to focus on something behind you.

He stopped dead in his tracks, causing you to stop also, his mouth slightly agape. Killua's now serious eyes flickered back down to meet yours.

"Don't. Move." He growled through his teeth, slowly moving forward and pressing his body close to yours, wrapping his arms tightly around you.

A blush spread across your face, making you look like a bright, red balloon. You wanted to back away but you felt like if you did that, you would be walking straight into your doom.

Something warm, large, and furry pressed up against your back. You almost squeaked, but Killua's sharp glare told you to keep your mouth shut. You pressed your lips together tightly, not daring to peep a sound.

Suddenly, Killua's presence vanished like the speed of light, and he was gone. A loud thump sounded from behind you, small tremors in the earth rattling beneath through your feet.

The next thing you knew, you were in Killua's arms, bridal style, the boy jumping through the branches of the trees that seemed to far up.

Uh, what the heck just happened?

"It was a giant bearmole. They're blind and senseless so they rely on their ears to get them around. Even though their hearing isn't very good." Killua explained, pretty much reading your mind like a freak.

You nodded, not dismissing the fact that you were being carried like a baby!

And right after you thought that, Killua's grip on you loosened, causing you to squeal loudly at the lost contact. Your eyes were wide with fear, gravity pulling you down, down to your death.

You screamed as you kept falling, plunging into a world of your own pleading thoughts.