i.

Love is stupid. I'm never going to fall in love.
At least that's what Tord thought. I mean, he'd had a lot of one night stands, but those never meant anything the day after. Then that cheeky, chocolate-eyed dork stumbled into his life. He could never forget the day he met Edd.
-
The streetlight was the only thing that brought light to Tord's vision. Chirps from crickets and the distant sound of cars echoed around him as he leaned up against his car door. He fumbled around in his pocket and finally found his cigarettes and lighter. He placed the cigarette between his lips and with the flick of his thumb, the lighter was brought to life.
As he put everything back into his pocket, the sound of three men turning the corner alerted him. Tord took the cigarette in between his fingers and blew out a puff of smoke as he watched them. The first one that caught his eye was the one with a blue hoodie and spiky hair. He didn't appear to have any eyes, or they were just entirely black? He didn't know, and he honestly didn't care. The next man he noticed was the ginger - he wore a green jacket over a purple hoodie. The last one he noticed wore a green hoodie and had dark brown hair. He giggled at one of the ginger's jokes and turned his head, his smile evaporating when he saw Tord's stare.
Tord snickered a little bit and threw his cigarette to the ground, stomping it out with his left foot. When the small group came closer along the sidewalk, he smiled.
"Hello, friends," He said ambitiously, taking a step forward. "How're you this fine evening?"
The spiky haired bloke stepped forward, almost as if he was ready to fight him if he needed to. The green hoodied man stepped in between them.
"Tom, wait! Calm down!" He said, turning to look at Tord. Tom narrowed his sockets suspiciously at him and his shoulders relaxed.
"Er, sorry about that, uh, my name's Edd! This here is Tom, and that's Matt." Edd motioned to himself, the blue hoodied bloke, then the ginger, who waved as he was introduced.
Tord grinned at this Edd guy. "Name's Tord," He said, holding his hand out. "Delightful to meet you." Edd took his hand and smiled, taking it twice before dropping his hand.
"So, what brings you out here so late?" Matt asked, tilting his head. Tord looked over at him and grimaced.
"Well for starters, I live in my car." He said boredly, looking him up and down. He looked back over at Edd and smirked once again. "What brings a doll like you and your little posse out here so late?" He asked in a teasing way. Tord's smirk widened when he heard Tom scoff.
Edd's cheeks turned beet red. "Me? A doll? I'm flattered..." He said, scratching his neck. "But we were just walking home from getting some new video games! Would you like to come over and join us in playing them?" He asked with a sheepish grin. Tord giggled at him and raised his eyebrows.
"Sure." He accepted, looking down in the direction the were headed. "How far away did you saw your house was?" He questioned.
"Well he never said how far away it was in the first place, but only a few minutes." Tom answered sarcastically. Edd shot him a look and gave Tord a weak smile. "Ignore him, he gets this way around new people. And yes, it's only a few minutes walk if you'd like to walk with us." He assured.
"That's fine by me." Tord said, shoving his hands in his pockets and walking alongside them.
"Wait, don't we only have 3 controllers?" Matt recalled, furrowing his eyebrows.
"We can take turns!" Edd smiled, turning to face Matt. "Tom, you'll give your controller to Tord first since he's the newest player." He added, looking at Tom. Tom sighed and took out his canteen, unscrewing the lid and taking a long swig.
Tonight is going to be fun as hell. Tord thought as they ventured down the sidewalk.