OMG IT'S STARTING

I invited my friend specifically over so I could start my Nuzlocke. I gave Juniper a calm voice, Cheren a bad Ash impersonation, and Bianca a kind of... Just a ditzy and light voice. I chose Oshawott as my starter, named it Oliver, and started off on my journey.

The first Pokémon I caught was a Patrat, and I yelled in agony because I hate Patrat. It was a Level 2 Patrat that I nicknamed Polly, and I was so upset because I wanted a Lillipup...

After going through Accumula Town (and suffering through Ghetsis's speech and N's Purrloin... Who surprisingly didn't kill anyone), I finally got my Lillipup. I named it Elwood, after my friend's dog.

So I was accumulating a team now. I visited the Dreamyard, got my Pansear (Zuko hahaha), and challenged the gym leader, Cilan.

Bad mistake.

First death of the day (of the many more deaths to come): Zuko died while I wasn't paying attention to his HP while I was talking to Emily.

ASDFGHJKL!!!!!!!!

I'm not exactly sure if Zuko counted as an encounter though... So I caught a Purrloin in the grass in the Dreamyard and named it Lily after Jiji's mate from Kiki's Delivery Service.

I said a goodbye, released him, then completed my challenge. No more casualties for the time...

Now here comes the sad part...

CHEREN FLIPPING KILLED ME WITH HIS LEVEL 14 SNIVY.

I RAGED.

I decided that I would give myself one more chance to beat him, then I would reset the game.

Polly and Elwood died, but I beat him.

I said goodbyes to them, then got my next encounter.

I hate Audino, but I got one anyway and named it Trevor.

But I was stupid and didn't heal some of my Pokemon after catching Woobat (Caitlin) in Wellspring Cave (even though I didn't sustain that much damage) and Trevor was sacrificed for a healing turn. My only survivors were Lily, Caitlin, and Oliver.

Oh, and Lily died to a Blitzle, I'm pretty sure.

Soooo... Five deaths on my first day of my Nuzlocke. Sigh.

My team now consists of Oliver the Oshawott, Caitlin the Woobat, and Bruce the Pidove (because I told myself that in my first Nuzlocke I would go easy, and considering I only had two Pokémon left, I decided I would get another encounter on Route 3, which ended up being Bruce the Pidove). I'm struggling a lot. And I'm bad at this game, because... Five deaths in one day? Ouch.

But that's okay, everything's okay, I'm okay.

"I believe that everything is happening for a reason."

Thank you everyone who reads this! I'm surprised people have found this and would like to read about my very real struggles... In a video game.

THIS BOOK RANKED?

As of 8/23/16, this book ranks #552 in adventure...

Thanks you guys! And keep reading!