The break-in that saved the world

i was running away from the police when I realized i had done something terrible, something so terrible i would never be able to forgive myself.......    5 1/2 Hours earlier. It was English plain old English, I was trying to write a story about a young, creative boy named Tom,who broke into a house to steal something that would save the world. I was halfway through the fifth chapter when my friend 'Micheal' mimed to me, "Hey rob, do you think we should go to the head teachers house after school and break in to steal something?" I knew that I should have shouted NO but i instantly mimed back "What time?" I'm not sure what he said because the teacher 'Miss Stowell' shouted "MICHAEL TURN AROUND NOW!" but i think he said around five o'clock.  

    It was finally five o'clock so i said to my Mum as quick as i could "Mum I'm going to Toms, bye." and before she could say "OK, What time will you be back," i shut the door and ran to the head's house. When i got there Tom said "Dude where have you been i said quarter to five and it's now quarter past." i couldn't stop feeling guilty but hey, i couldn't understand him. i questioned him on what he wanted to steal, but he just replied "you'll find out" i was wondering how we would get in but it soon came obvious because he pulled out this weird key shaped thing so i asked "whats that?" and Tom replied in the most sarcastic way possible "its the head teachers house key."

"how did you get that?" i asked in confusion.

"don't worry, at least i have it," is the exact words Tom said

  We were in the house and looking for this 'something' that Tom wanted. it had been five minutes and we hadn't found anything but then i heard Tom shout "I found it, Finally!" he came to me and gave it to me, it was this weird alien looking device. We heard home keys in a door so Tom said "hold this and keep it safe" and ran, the coward. i stood there in shock, witch was a huge mistake as the teacher walked in.

 "WHO ARE YOU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS HOUSE, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE OR I.. I.. I WILL CALL THE POLICE!" were the first words that he said.. I did get out of the house. But he called the police anyway.  i saw the police car then i stared running but they saw me and stared chasing me. i was running away from the police when I realized i had done something terrible, something so terrible i would never be able to forgive myself. all of a sudden the police stopped and got a call on his radio thing  saying "this is the armed forces in Afghanistan saying that the war is over, i don't know how but everyone stopped and disarmed their guns and just simply made up. the police wen't chasing me anymore and they shouted in the nicest way "come here kid, your not in trouble i just want you to hand it over," i was confused because everything bad seemed to stop as soon as i pressed the black button on this device.

 a few hours passed and it was now the 11/11/13 and it as 5:00 in the morning. i got home and my mum wasn't mad, wasn't worried she was just glad i was back. i had another look at the device but it wasn't a device. i just guess that i couldn't really see last night as it was a dark winters night. this was green wit a main red thing and had a black spot. the device was not a device it was a poppy and today was remembrance day but the peace didn't last two minutes it lasted forever. and the world was the best place to live ever.