Chapter 17

"Who are you anyways?" Shizuo squinted his eyes at Yuki. Yuki sighed. "I guess she didn't tell you guys about me. I'm hurt... But, I'm her first friend since high school!" Shizuo frowned. "I'll tell you our  story then."

 By the time Yuki was done with you and his little story, you stepped out the room. Everyone's attention was now on you. You blushed, a bit embarrassed of the. "Um.. Sorry I took long." Yuki shook his head. "No problem [F/N]-chan! I think we all had fun. But something has been on my mind for a while." You turned towards him confused. "What is your job exactly?" Tom spoke up for you. "Well we're basically debt collectors. When we saw [F/N] kick a** we offered her a job." Yuki looked at you then back at them. "Then do you mind if I come with? I don't really have anything to do." You nodded. "If that's OK with you guys.." Tom nodded, and Shizuo grunted an OK. 

 Varona was waiting outside. 'What takes them so long?' At the end of her thought, the 4 of you stepped out. You smiled at her when you saw her. "Hi I'm [L/N], [F/N]. You must be Varona." You held out your hand for her to shake. She just simply looked at your hand. "Yes that is me." She started walking. "I've been waiting for long time, we go." You dropped your hand and frowned. Shizuo glanced back at you and stopped. He walked towards you. "Eh, she's not from around here and not really friendly as you are. Don't worry though, she'll probably warm up to you." You smiled up at Shizuo. He blushed and you both continued walking. 

 As you got to the first house, you noticed the curtains and blinds move slightly. 'So they're home then.' You noticed Varona had seen it too. Tom rang the doorbell. No one answered. He rang it again. And after a few seconds there was no answer. Everyone except you and Varona turned  around walking off. Yuki turned to you. "Hm? [F/N]? Wh-" Then suddenly the door slammed open. More than 20 men stepping flooding out, all equipped with weapons. Varona stood in a fighting stance. "I had feeling this happen." You nodded your head in agreement. 

 "So boss what do we do with the girls?" One of them spoke with a sly, disgusting smirk on their face. "Well once we're done, you guys can have your fun with them as a reward for your hard work." The supposed boss said. He was hiding behind everyone in the back. Shizuo and Yuki glared daggers at his remark. 'There's no way in hell you are going to touch[F/-' Shizuo stopped once he realized that he was thinking out loud, he blushed. Yuki looked over in amusement. "Hmm? What was that Shizuo?" Shizuo glared. "Tch." 

 As they ran towards the 3 men, Varona blocked them. 'They'd have to go through me first if they want to fight Shizuo.' She glared at them and started to fight them. The others cornered you. "Aww you don't have to fight cutie, if you just kindly come with us we can make it worth your while..." He winked at you. You made a disgusted face. "Go f*** a dog." You spat. They frowned at your profanity. 

 You were on the defense for a while, until one of them spoke up in a frustrated tone. "This is taking up too much time. Damaged toys can always be repaired right?" Then a knife pierced through your back. Your eyes went wide and you fell on your knees coughing out blood. Shizuo looked at you, a bit concerned but then recalled your special secret. 

 Varona looked at your form and laughed in her head. "Weaklings deserve death." she muttered. The attackers screamed and that's when she looked over again, doing a quick double take. Your eyes were rolled back, and there was a psychotic smile plastered on your face. 'Impossible, she was to die.' Yuki looked at Varona's reaction and smirked. You finished the rest of them in two hits. As you were about to add additional damage, Yuki walked over to you with a familiar grin. Instead of fainting as usual, you returned to normal and looked at him panting. 

 Varona glared at you. She walked over to Shizuo. "What monster is she?" Shizuo stared at you smiling. "She's not at all a monster. She's just really special." Varona frowned. She did not realize her feelings for Shizuo. But she did realize the feelings that he had for you. She now views you as another rival. Someone she'd wish to fight. You looked like a strong, formidable opponent. One that she'd like to defeat. And with that she would challenge you to a deadly fight when the time came. 

 Shizuo frowned at Yuki. He noticed that he had loved you as he did. And he knew that he'd have to step up his game if he wants to be yours. 

 Yuki glanced at Shizuo's gaze and smirked. He had competition it seemed. He wanted to be the one to win your heart, but he'd need to show it. He wrapped his arms around your waist from behind possessively, then exchanged glares with Shizuo.

  You glanced at everyone, oblivious to the looks they were giving to each other. You smiled at your friends and blushed when you felt Yuki's arms pull you into his chest. You liked Yuki as a friend, and deemed this to be a friendly hug. Although you couldn't lie that you had a tiny crush on Shizuo and Izaya though. But you saw that Varona and Mikage would be perfect for them. You sighed. 'Will I ever find love?' You thought. 

Tom looked at the 2 men and Varona. They all had a fire in their eyes. He sighed. And you were in the center of it all. He looked at your carefree smile, and mentally sweat dropped.