Chapter 1 - Suffer

"Why do you continue to fight like this Mark?"

Mark was curled up on the floor clutching his chest, almost as if it was burning. Screams of pain echoed throughout the bedroom as the fire in his body only grew and grew.

"This could have been over so soon, and yet you decided to hold on and suffer instead."

Mark rolls around the room on his side, seemingly trying to escape the pain, but it always came back, like someone shooting him with a bullet, and in the blink of an eye, he was down.

"I admire your strength. I look forward to doing this again."

The pain drifted away, and Mark was left in a puddle of his own sweat, breathing rapidly. He had won, for now ...

The next day brings a sharp knock at the door. Mark walks down the hallway and opens it, only to see his best friend standing there, suitcase in hand.

"Mark, hey!" Jack grinned a childish smile.

Mark laughed as he shut the door behind Jack. "Wow, you were quick!"

"Yeah, well my flight came early, so, here I am!" Jack stood there, running a hand through his neon green hair laying atop his head.

"Dinner's in the oven, it should be ready soon. I also bought some cookies." Mark smiled.

Jack's face lit up like the forth of July. "You know me too well!" He laughed as he slid off his coat.

"Just sit down, I'll make us some coffee." Mark said as he walked into the kitchen.

Jack sat down, pulling out his phone instantly. He scrolled through the comments on his latest video, giving a warm hearted smile at every single thank you and compliment he and his channel got, and began to reply to them.

"I'm baaaaack!"