Tea Talk

The soldiers have fallen, our small group making it to Lexington quickly after. When we had entered the town, the first think we saw was Washington. He was upon a brown horse, the scepter Ziio was talking about in his hand.

"Ratonhnhake:ton, the scepter. It has the apple upon it." I pointed.

My mother stayed out of sight, hiding deep within the bushes behind us.

Washington took notice of us. "There she is. The savage that tried to steal this, the source and symbol to my power!" He held up his scepter. "She and the dirty pirate! Gaze upon it. For it will be the last object you will ever see. I've come here to destroy both you and your sad village, for none like you will be allowed to live!"

Ziio was about to take a step forward, but Connor stopped her. "Commander Washington, why are you doing this? After all we accomplished? Take hold of your senses!"

"Connor." I pushed him back a bit. "That is not Commander Washington anymore."

Washington chuckled at Connor's words. "Another delusional savage. I had never had such a firm grip on my senses! Now, bend your knee at your monarch, and make penitence in your last moments before you are blasted to your dread reward. Corporal, take care of them."

With that, soldiers started to race for us from all directions. My mother had jumped out at one of them, killing three soldiers in her wake.

"Connie, what are you waiting for, an invitation?" My mother smiled, laughing gently as she pulled out her sword, swinging it down upon a soldier's musket.

I nodded, racing toward her. She bent down, allowing me to roll over her back, drawing my sword in the process, and slicing a soldier's head wide open.

"I don't remember the last time I had such sharp blades." I chuckled, watching as Ziio and Connor killed the men trying to light fuses.

Eventually, the battle was won. We grouped together shortly after, Ziio shaking her head in shame.

"He tried to destroy the entire town. It is all my fault." She stated.

I placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

"I do not understand. Washington knows us." Connor gestured to me and him. "He is a man of reason, if nothing else. But that was not the man we once called friend."

"Are you confused? When would you have ever met that monster?" Ziio turned to her son.

"I met him. I..." He trailed off. "Mother, this is all wrong. Washington, the violence, all of it!"

Ziio paused a moment, looking up and down her son quickly. "We must get back and warn the people in the village before the Mad King spreads his destruction there."

Connor paused for a moment, looking to me. "Come with me."

"She can't. We are leaving to save other cities soon. We have no time for delay." My mother spoke, taking hold of my arm.

"Mother, I can't dare part with him again. He is my partner. Assassins must stick together, am I wrong?" I held her hands tightly in mine.

She looked at me for a moment, eyes shimmering brightly. "You have your father's eyes." She smiled, kissing my head. "I will be awaiting for you north of this positon. Come find me when you are ready. If you don't, I would hope you stay with this one. We will met again, my dear. I love you." My mother embraced me tightly before Connor pulled me on the horse he mounted.

"I will find you!" I called to my mother as we rode off.

We rode through the destruction, passing the many innocent people that were killed or close to death. I held onto Connor tightly, shaking my head.