Chapter 1. Chimchar, Turtwig, Piplup, Oh My!

"Vova, come down stairs right now and have some breakfast before you leave to go to Professor Rowan's lab in Sandgem Town" my mom called out from the kitchen.
     "I'll be there in a minute!", I replied. I quickly put on an orange shirt and my light blue jeans, and of course my blue thin sweatshirt, and out my bedroom down I rush down stairs and head for the kitchen.  "Oh honey, you look amazing, and I can't believe your going on your first ever Pokémon journey", my mom said in a happy and sad tone.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine and plus I'll have a Pokémon by my side and I'll make sure it's loyal and strong" I replied back just to reassure my mom that I'll be alright.

     "Okay then, so have you thought of who your gonna choose out of the three starters", she asked while I was quickly eating my cereal. "Umm... Not really, it's a really hard choice for me, they're all so cute and they all end up so powerful I can't seem to decide", I replied. "Okay, well why don't you think about it while you ride your bike down to Sandgem Town where Professor Rowan will be meeting you", my mom replied.

     I put my shoes on and grab my bike, that's been standing outside my house, I quickly gave my mom a 10 second hug and a wave goodbye as I was on my way to Sandgem Town. I quickly raced through my home town, Twinleaf Town, the population is super small and here I was, in front of Professor Rowan's lab, in Sandgem Town. Sandgem Town is a sandy town, that has a beach also, and it's population is a little bit bigger than Twinleaf Town's population. I quickly got off my bike and leaned it against a tree, and walked straight into Professor Rowan's lab.

     Professor Rowan is the professor in the Sinnoh region. Professor Rowan is a 60 year old man, with white hair and a white mustache, he is specialized in Pokémon evolution, he is also the professor who gives you, your starter Pokémon in the Sinnoh region.

     "Hello, and who might you be?", Professor Rowan asked. "I'm Vova, and I'm hear to claim my starter Pokemon", I replied excitedly. "Ahh, well here they're are", he replied. I followed him, and he moved out of my way so I could see the starter Pokémon. Chimchar is a bipedal Pokémon, also Chimchar has red markings nearly surrounding its eyes, a swirl-like symbol on its chest, and five fingers on its hands with three toes on its feet. It has a swirly crest of hair on its head.
     Then in the middle was Turtwig. Turtwig here is a small, light green, quadruped Pokémon, its eyes, feet, and lower jaw are yellow. Also Turtwig's body is covered by a brown shell and also a small seedling grows on a brown patch on its head.
"Last but not least, Piplup", Professor Rowan said. Piplup is a light blue penguin Pokémon. It has a dark blue head with a primarily white face and a short, yellow beak. The dark blue feathers on its head extend down its back and around its neck, which causes it to appear to be wearing a cape. There are two white ovals on its chest and a small, light-blue marking resembles a crown above its beak. It has flipper-like arms and yellow feet with three toes each.
"So what's it gonna be Vova, Chimchar the fire type, Turtwig the grass type or Piplup the water type", Professor Rowan asked me.
"I want Piplup as my starter", I replied.
"Okay Piplup it is", Professor Rowan replied. He then picked up Piplup's Pokéballs and said, "Piplup return", and then a red beam came out of the Pokéball, it high lighted Piplup's body and there went Piplup inside its Pokéball.

"Here take Piplup, also I want to give you, your own Pokédex", Professor Rowan added. Professor Rowan then handed me the Sinnoh Pokédex.
"Thanks", I said.
"One more thing, your gonna need these Pokéballs, here a five Pokéballs, remember that you can only have 6 Pokémon on hand, the others will be transferred here, so if you need a Pokémon that's here in my lab, then call me at a Pokémon center and I will transfer the Pokémon you need", Professor Rowan explained.
"Got it, thanks Professor Rowan", I replied with excitement.
"No problem, now go on ahead, you're next city is Jubilife City, then your first gym is in Oreburgh City", Professor Rowan added.
     I walked out of Professor Rowan's lab and hopped on my bike, and started riding straight for Jubilife City, with a smile on my face.