Fresh Start???

And that's how my life officially ended. I was taken away from everyone I loved and cared about, to a place much resembling a prison. And for what? Breaking a few rules while I went through my 'phase'?

I think Mike just hates me. He seems to try and get rid of me as much as he possible could. Fostered twice, sent to a different care home, and now to another one. A secure one.

Who does he think I am? Some delinquent who needs to be set straight? Because half the kids at the dumping ground got into more trouble than I did, and he didn't send any of them away now did he?

And he didn't let me say goodbye. That's the worse part. My final memory of the place I comfortably called home, was seeing my friends, my boyfriend cry as I left them all behind as a result of my own actions.

Though I refuse to take the blame for this. I was getting a family back together, doing something good, but Mike, along with everyone else in the care system decided to only look at the bad side of things. Cup half empty kind of thing.

Like he was mad about my makeup, when he didn't try and understand what it was for. He was mad I was late back, but it was because I was rehearsing, and he wasn't mad at Ryan for it.

I wonder how Ryan is right now. He seemed sad before I left, I was sad as well. I just wanted to run to him and give him a long, warm hug. But I couldn't because the care system dragged me down.

I don't even know what Ryan was told. They might have said I was leaving, they might have said I was going to secure, they might have said I said I hated him for all I know. This is so unfair!

They shouldn't be called the care system, care workers,care home, because it's all a lie. They never really cared at all.

And now here I am. Sat in the passenger seat of Gemma's car. We only left about 5 minutes ago, and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm missing home already.

"What's this place like?" I ask through the tears that are pouring down my face.

"Well it's another care home" I scoffed at her reply. Another care home is she serious?

"Well what's the difference between a care home and a secure unit?"

She sighed. "The rules will be more heavily enforced and you won't get away with things so easily"

There was a pause. "Is that it? Is that all your giving me?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Well when can I get the rest of my things?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you only brought two bin bags. When can I get the rest?"

She sighed again, "I'm afraid you can't. Your new care home has a two bag allowance of items from your previous residence"

"Meaning I have to leave the rest of my stuff behind?"

She nodded but didn't say anything.

"Great, so all the other kids back at the DG can now help the,selves to anything they want is that it?"

"No I'm sure Mike will make sure they are well taken care of"

"So he's putting them in the attic?"

"Look I don't know ok? I don't have the answer to every single one of your questions!"

"But your my social worker! That's what you're there for!"

"No Marie I am here to make sure we do what's best for you!"

"And having me locked up is what's best?"

She didn't say anything. "And not letting me say goodbye? Was that what was best? Because honestly you must be a pretty crap social worker if you can't see what's staring right at you?!"

"And what is that Marie?! What is that?!"

"The fact that taking me away from people will only make it worse. I was taken away from my family when I was very young, then my aunt and uncle. I was finally in a good place, with people I love, who loved me too, the you and Mike had to come along and screw everything up didn't you! It's like the universe is out to make me suffer or something!"

"Look it's not like we're taking them all away from you..."

"No! Look at yourself! Your taking me away from them! Literally!"

"What I trying to say is, you can still keep in touch with the children from your old care home"

"Really? So I can like visit at the weekends?"

"I'm afraid not. Your new care home won't allow you to go out unsupervised..."

"So why don't you supervise me?"

"I can't..."

"Well Mike and Mai Lee will be there they can supervise me..."

"Marie, they need a member of professional staff to supervise you now"

"But Mike and Mai Lee are professional"

"No, I mean a different kind of professional, the kind of professional that the secure unit worker are on"

"So you mean they want someone to guard me all the time?" I practically yelled, getting very angry, causing Gemma to shout as well.

"No! Nothing like that! Just someone who knows what they are doing..."

"What do you mean who knows what they are doing?!" 

"Who knows how to handle TROUBLED CHILDREN!"

I wash shocked to hear the words slide of her tongue and she instantly looked guilty.

"So that's what you really think of me?"

"Just drop it will you"

"No! Troubled child, that's what you called me"

"Marie..."

"So that's why you're sending me away. What makes you think I'm troubled?"

"Look, it wasn't just down to me, I just had the casting vote shall we say"

"So you do think I'm troubled?"

"Well..."

"Why?"

"Because of the dramatic changes in you. Your personality, your look, the way you treated others....it wasn't....normal"

"So now I'm not normal either?"

She looked stunned and couldn't find the words, she is only making things worse for herself.

"Tell me this" I continued "when have you ever, in your lifetime, met a care kid, that hasn't had to change? And when have you ever, EVER, met a care kid, that you CONSIDER NORMAL?!"

"Marie...you...Urmm....you can use your phone to contact people....unless you get it confiscated, which I don't expect from you"

I scoffed and looked out the window. 10 minutes after I leave and my social worker said I wasn't normal, and I was troubled. There's only 20 minutes until I get there. I'm broken, before I even arrived.

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Yay book three!!!

Hope you enjoyed the first part! Sorry it's really short, but I didn't want to put her arriving in this bit because then it would have been way too long!

I hope you continue to enjoy this series and thank you so much for 4K on the first two!!!!

I love you all so so so much xxxx