Chapter 2

So here I am. By Myself. Crying. In this freezing cold room. I look over to the guest chairs and see a folded blanket. Nick must've left it. I leaned over the bed trying to reach for it. I can't reach. Great.

Nicks Pov:
My hands are in my pockets. I can feel my wallet with the picture of Nira in it. People are watching me storm out of this hospital. I can tell how weird I look. I walk out of the door and take a long breath of fresh air. I walk to my car and get inside. I put it in reverse and leave. I probably shouldn't be driving. There is so much on my mind, I can't think straight. This is a long drive home, and a long time to think.

Niras Pov:
"Where are your parents?" The nurse asked.
"Probably at work. Did you call them?"
"We did. But I think your boyfriend did too. Can you tell me what happened?"
"I wouldn't know."
"Were you in a car?"
"I don't think so."
"Were you with your boyfriend?"
"I wouldn't know." I repeated.
"Hmm." She looked down at my tubes and checked the amount of h2o I was getting.
"When can I leave?" I asked.
"Well, whatever happened, your body didn't react to properly."
"What does that mean?" Doesn't she see the bite mark? Is she just putting it away as an old scar?
"Whatever happened to you, caused your body to break down. You'll be out of here in less than a week. Maybe 5 or 6 days." That is too long. Nick could be driving to somewhere in Texas for all I know.
"That's too long. I need to leave soon."
"I wish I could tell you better news. We need to build you back up before you can be released. Are you sure you don't remember anything? Any information at all and it would help."
"I remember being with Nick." I paused.
"Is that it?"
"For now. Please leave. Unless you have better news for me." She nodded her head and stood up.
"Press this button if you need anything." She pointed to a little remote on the nightstand beside me. She left. And I still needed a blanket.

Nicks Pov:
I made it to my house. This old and lonely house. I went straight to my fathers room. Of course, he wouldn't come out.
"Where's the girl?" He asked over the intercom.
"She's at the hospital. But that's not what I wanted."
"You left her there? What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I don't know!" I yelled. I threw myself against the door.
"Calm down Nick." He said in a way that made me listen.
"I can't believe this happened dad. Why did this happen?"
"Because you're a vampire. And she is the one with the perfect blood. The one you crave. Your mother was mine. I can't believe our family finds our perfect bloods so fast." I stood in silence.
"What do I do?" I said. On the verge of crying.
"You go to her. You help her. You don't leave her." I glared at the door. Knowing he was inside where he was only giving advice. And not living in this world. This world of burning hell and broken hearts. I turned away. And went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and found an old bottle of red velvet. Orca was the only thing on my mind. But soon, my mind would be empty. Same as this bottle.