Confrontation

I've decided that the best thing to do is end things off with Asuna. It wouldn't be right to continue anyway. Surprisingly, she was already standing outside of my house. At that moment I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I hopped off the motorcycle and approached her.

"Hello Asuna, give me a moment to put this in the garage."

She smiled and said "Okay, no worries, I'll go with you." I was extremely surprised. Thought she might have asked why have I been out so late, didn't ask who I was with or anything.

"What are you doing out so late? Your mom surely wouldn't approve." I asked

"I want to make think things Kirito-kun. It's been hard getting used to the real world regardless of the amount of therapy. I simply wasn't used to sharing you and we spent everyday of our lives in the game together, lived together, fought alongside each other, and let's not forget about our beloved Yui."

She waited all this time to tell me this. Maybe I should've been more patient or shouldve tried getting through to her beforehand. Now as is if this were some kind of reality show, I was stuck in a love triangle. A part of me wants to be with the Asuna I knew. Maybe I don't really like Asada.. perhaps that was a spur of the moment and nothing more.

"I appreciate it, but I would like for some time to think things over. In the meantime let me take you home. I would hate for you to be walking alone during these hours."

She nodded and we proceeded to get the motorcycle out of the garage and back to her home. Dammit. Why is she being nice all of a sudden. It felt like the longest ride ever and she was hugging me tightly and affectionately til we got to her home.

"Hey Asuna, there's something I want to talk to you about, but it's already late. Care we meet tomorrow afternoon?"

"Of course, let's meet at the usual café. I'll text you when I'm free." She said.

"Alright, see you tomorrow Asuna."

And I left before she could give me a kiss goodbye.