There was a time when she hadn't been so weak. Hadn't been so cowardly and spineless. There was a time when Amaya hadn't been afraid to care for people. Hadn't been so mistrustful. Amaya was instantly reminded of that day, the day she wanted to go home and her best friend Mikuru stopped her before letting her go, because Mikurur was a good friend and saw what Amaya wanted. Later, the unthinkable had happened.

Amaya was not so scared as she believed. Not so terrified of telling. Amaya didn't understand half the crap that formed in her brain, but the terrorist didn't care. She stared at the three of them dead on. They could handle themselves. They would be fine.

It wasn't like Amaya wanted to be included. It wasn't like she was starting to want to go, and it definitely wasn't like she cared what happened to them or considered them as friends.

Nope. Not at all.

"Amaya-chan, come with us! It'll be fun," Hinata said cheerfully. Amaya stared at her. Hinata gazed back with equal defiance in her eyes. "Have you ever been to an amusement park, Amaya-chan?" She queried.

The statement was so odd; Amaya had no idea how to reply to that. Before she knew it, the girl was contemplating the possibility of going with them, hanging out, just being a normal kid again.

Amaya readjusted the heavy bag on her shoulder. "I have things to do. I'll catch the three of you tomorrow." She hooked her thumb through the strap of her bag and sauntered off. Normally she would have screamed at them before running off, secretly pleased they asked her. But this wasn't the case today.

Amaya slid the Diary out of her bag, checking the screen quickly. It seemed they were giving up, before the phone made a static noise. The entries quickly began to rewrite themselves. Amaya quickly slipped it into her pocket as she heard running footsteps.

No one needed to see. Even though it was just her phone, no reason to reveal everything carelessly.

"What do you want, Snow White?" Amaya called mockingly behind her as Akise caught up.

"Why are you so hellbent on avoiding us?" He questioned. "It's rather odd."

"Well, no shit it's odd. I don't act like other people." At this point, Amaya spun on her heel, grabbed his collar and pulled him down to her level.

"Example number one: I hate interacting with others, so get the hell away from me," the girl spat, her voice full of venom. She let go and pushed him away, before breaking into a running sprint until she was far away from the school.

She wasn't other people, and never would be. So if they were going to expect her to be normal, well then they could forget it. She wasn't, and that was that. Nothing to it.

Her mind kept wandering back to his cocky yet abashed expression as she chewed him out. Why had he been smiling like that? It wasn't even funny. It was like--oh. Amaya had been proving him right.

She mentally cursed, because in so many of her actions she was being predictable. Maybe she should have used her Diary. It wasn't a big deal that she was predictable, and not worthy of Diary use, but Amaya was not a fucking board game. Amaya was not a book, and like hell she would let that creepy know-it-all pretend he could figure anything out about her.

The girl probably detested him the most out of the trio she met today, and that was saying a lot. Any thoughts that he had been kind (he had given that impression on the night they first met) were now out the window. He was cruel, manipulative, and cocky...in other words, almost exactly like her.

Was that why she hated him? Anaya didn't know, and she really hoped not. The girl knew she hated him, but she didn't think it was for that reason.