“We’re bound to have at least one common college.” She said, a smile lighting her face.

We pretty much applied to the same schools as our career paths were similar. While we both wanted to work in the medical field, I was leaning more to surgeon while she was looking into being a pediatrician. Now that I’m Alpha Female though, my plans have altered. Traditionally most Alpha Females didn’t have jobs. They were the mother of the pack and were expected to guide and care for the pack. Now a days, some women chose to have jobs. I already know I wouldn’t be able to not have a job, it just wouldn’t work for me. I’d be bored out of my mind! I’m just  a bit uncertain as to what I would do now.

“What are you waiting for?” Elise asked, handing out a stack of envelops to me.

“Sorry, just got carried away in my thoughts.” I murmured, taking the stack.

Evan and Spencer moved closer, standing behind us. Taylor walked in from the kitchen and pushed her way into the circle until she was standing next to me. Within minutes, we were joined by my parents, Jason, Evan’s parents, and Lisa’s mom and dad. They all waited patiently while Lisa, Elise, and I nervously opened the letters.

“Well?” Taylor demanded after the first letter. I turned to her and smiled, ruffling her hair.

“Hush you impatient woman.” I scolded. “I’ll tell you after I open all of them.”

“What?” She shrieked. She isn’t the most patient person and hates waiting.

“Have to have some suspense.” I grinned at her glowering face and proceeded to open the rest of the envelopes, save for the last one.

Lisa held the same envelope I did, exchanging a nervous glance with me. We both held the envelops that came from Columbia. Elise had already opened all of hers and the smarty that she was, she got accepted into nearly every school she had applied to. Unfortunately, she hadn’t applied to Columbia. As far as I knew, it was just me, Lisa, and Lilah that had.

“Hey, where’s Lilah?” I asked randomly, looking around.

“She couldn’t wait and opened hers up as soon as the mail came. You should have seen her. She cried when she read the Columbia letter.” Elise laughed lightly.

“Did she not make it in?”

“No, she did. She said they were happy tears. Kevin though, he wasn’t crying happy tears when he figured out she was going to New York.” She laughed again lightly.

“He must be a little upset. He’ll probably end up going with her though.” Evan said, wrapping his arms around my stomach and leaning his head on my shoulder.

“Imagine that was us.” Spencer said, addressing Evan. They both shook their heads. I guess Lisa didn’t inform Spencer of her applications.

“Can you just open it now! I want to know where we’re going!” Taylor hollered. I raised an eyebrow at her.

“We?” I inquired.

“Sorry lady, but you aren’t leaving me.” I saw the determination in her eyes and couldn’t help but reach out and hug her. She was certainly sweet when she wanted to be.

“So open please.” She murmured against my arm.   I nodded and turned to Lisa who was biting her lip.

“I’m nervous Sutton. Here! You open it.” She thrust the letter at me. An idea suddenly jumped at me and I quickly took her letter, replacing it with mine. She raised her eyebrow but took it nonetheless.

“What school is this from anyway?” Spencer asked, trying to look over Lisa’s shoulder.

“Doesn’t matter.” She said, discreetly sliding her hand over the return address.