Chapter 10

So you guys are simply amazing! All the fanning and commenting and liking puts a smile on my face. To show my appreciation and to give you guys a little something, I will for sure upload another chapter tomorrow. It took awhile to write this one because it's a little longer than usual and it might be a little boring for some, but it's a lead in to the next chapter (which I'm really excited about!)

To all the people who liked and commented and fanned on my last chapter, this is for YOU!! :)

So, thanks again for everything and look tomorrow for Chapter 11 :)

(Sorry if there's any spelling/grammar mistakes, I really wanted to get this out so I didn't go over it quite as carefully)

************************************************************************************************************************

                                                            Chapter 10

Evan’s POV:

            “Well, you see, the thing is Jason, it’s kind of a funny story, you’re going to laugh when you hear it. Sutton…” I blanched. “Sutton was just saying yesterday how she didn’t know her way around and with school starting soon, I offered to give her a tour.”

            Yes, I am the biggest wuss ever. I just couldn’t tell him yet, not with him catching me making out with Sadie yesterday. He would slam his fist into my face if I told him about Sutton being my mate before I could finish my sentence. I’d really like to get to know her before he banned me from even looking at her.

            “That’s nice of you, Ev. Thanks man.” Jason said, believing my lie. I swallowed, I hate lying to people.

            “Yeah, no problem.”

            “Speak of the she devil.” Jason said looking up to the top of the stairs. I followed his gaze and was again struck by how much light and warmth Sutton radiated. She was dressed for the cool fall weather, with a coat and a hat. She looks so cute, with her coils of hair coming out of the bottom of the hat, I thought to myself. She smiled apologetically at me, probably for not being the one to answer the door. Also, probably for having to lie to Jason. I shrugged, I’d lie for her any day.

            “Hello Jason, Evan.” She smiled as she came down the stairs.

            “We were just talking about you.” Jason said mischievously.

            “Were you now?”

            “Yep. Evan knows all about your snoring habits.” Jason winked at her and laughed.

            “Telling lies now, are you Jason? I don’t think I like this side of you.” Sutton said, trying to look outraged. “No, I don’t care for it at all.” She decided, crossing her arms.

“Well, I’m not going to slow you down, so get out of here you crazy kids,” I snorted at the kids part. I was a month older than him. “Have fun on your little tour.” Jason said.

            “Tour?” Sutton asked.

            “Yeah, Evan said that was what you guys were doing. He was going to take you on a tour of the town since you were new. That is what you guys are doing right?” He asked, suspicious once again.

            “Oh, right right. The tour. I don’t know what I was thinking.” Sutton said with a nervous laugh. She shot me a look and I smiled encouragingly.