“Sorry, but I don’t find you attractive and I have a boyfriend.” I said, walking away again. He followed me, making me stop and turn in annoyance.

            “The way I see it, your boyfriend doesn’t have to know.” He insisted.

            “Sorry not interested.” I replied icily, crossing my hands over my chest.

            “Is your boyfriend here?” He asked, stepping closer to me. I hissed under my breath and was about to respond when something over his shoulder caught my eye. I smiled brightly and leaned in really close.

            “Actually…yes.” I said, stepping back. He smiled cockily at me.

            “Where?” He obviously didn’t believe me. I nodded my head in the direction we had just come from.

            “Right here.” Evan replied for me.

            The guy jumped and spun around, instantly stepping back. Evan did look pretty intimidating, standing there with his arms crossed and a glare darkening his handsome face. I smiled and pranced up to him. The guy floundered around, clearing his throat and looking anywhere but Evan. His eyes settled on me and his eyes widened.

            “This-this is your boyfriend?” He stuttered. I nodded, grinning smugly at him.

            “Sorry, but I don’t share.” Evan said darkly before shooting another glare at him.

            He then turned and wrapped his arm around my shoulder’s possessively, leading us back to a laughing Spencer and Lisa. Claire stood next to them, looking surprised and slightly dazzled. I leaned into Evan’s embrace and laughed as well. Yeah, that guy never had a shot.

            “I leave alone for an hour and look what happens. Some human thinks he can still my girlfriend.” He hissed, shaking his head. He looked down and smiled at me, warmth filling his eyes.

            “Dude, he looked like he was going to crap his pants!” Spencer busted him, clapping his hands against his knees.

            “He’s just lucky I didn’t touch him.” Evan replied darkly. We all chuckled as we walked to the counter to pay for Claire’s stuff.

            She remained quiet throughout the rest of the trip, even on the way home. Her expression switched between thoughtful and nervous. I wasn’t the only one puzzled, Lisa kept shooting me looks but I shrugged at her. Teenagers. I mouthed. She laughed loudly, causing everyone in the car to look at her.

            “Thought of a funny joke.” She muttered, shrugging slightly.

            “Need some help arranging all of you things?” I asked Clair when we got back to the back house.

            “Uhh yeah. There’s something I need to tell you so I might as well get it over with.” She said, sounding extremely sad and nervous.

            “Everything ok?” I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. She was about to reply when Elise came bounding down the stairs carrying stacks of envelops.

            “Tis’ the season for college letters.” She sang.

            I tensed up, anticipation filling my stomach. I had filled out applications last year in the first few months of school. At the time, I wanted nothing to do with Evan. I’m pretty sure the closest school I applied to is at least a few hours away. Of course, I’d sent an application to Columbia. I hadn’t really discussed which schools I’d applied to with Evan. It never came up and with everything that had happened, it didn’t occur to me that this was the time when colleges sent out their verdicts. Lisa jumped happily and grabbed my arm, dragging me over to Elise.