Church Friend

My mom is a journalist and my dad is a new-reporter, so you can imagine how much we travel, and f course move. House to house, city to city, and state to state. Currently, we are renting a home here, because none of our houses are ever permanent. I think Texas is the best state I've ever been in. It's beautiful and there's so many things to do here! I am in Houston and it's just so gorgeous! We even have a pool in our backyard. We always have to rent a big house, because I have 2 other siblings. I have a 14-almost-15 year old sister named Laila and a twin brother named Daniel, we recently turned 13 by the way.

We all have our own rooms, thankfully, but Laila and I have to share a bathroom. We started unpacking yesterday, but most of us didn't finish. I need to get back to it!

I was rummaging through my things and found a diary that I haven't seen in like, 4 years. I decide to open it up and update it.

Dear Diary, I write. Today we moved from Dallas, to Houston, Texas. Our neighbors are super friendly here compared to the ones in Dallas. I remember always keeping an updated version of my favorites so I think I'll updater it since things have changed since 2012.
Favorites ;
Song ; Never Be Like You by Flume
Band ; Twenty One Pilots
Color ; Mint Green and Peachy
Scent ; Mango or Watermelon
Fruit ; Strawberry (still is and will be forever)
Food ; Pasta

I close up my diary and put it back in the box. None of our furniture has arrived yet but its supposed to come today. We had to sleep on layers of blankets last night.

I'm really excited for my room. The furniture is supposed to drive later, more towards the evening, so my dad is going to be painting my room with me! My favorite color of course, mint green! Plus, this current room, well in the future, will be my dream room! Theres a small balcony, but big enough to put a cute little lounging chair in!

~

My dad and I have already painted my room. Surprisingly, it dried in a matter of 14 hours! My furniture was here also! I am so excited. I have a chevron light gray and mint green cushion chair which goes on my hooded balcony, along with a fluffy light gray seat that goes there too! Most likely for my new friends and I to chill out on the balcony. I love it already! My bed was light gray with a cushioned and quilted headboard. The bedding was thin trees with minty green leaves and light gray logs. Tons of throw pillows on the bed aswell. Way too many. I have a light gray wooden desk which matches my dresser and nightstand. I love the fairy lights that I still have to hang around my bed and above my desk. In the corner of my room i have a little round curtain hanging and a ground pillow for me to sit and play my guitar. Along with my line of Polaroids hanging off of a fairy light string. I had it from my old house in Dallas. I'm not sure if I'll ever leave this room. It's my dream room! Inspired by one of my favorite YouTubers too! My walk in closet was also a perk.

It's Wednesday night and also time to head to church with my family. Wednesday night church starts at 7:30 pm at my new church.

"Alright kids, come on down! We're going to church!" My dad reminds us from downstairs.

"Let me finish my makeup!" Laila yells out her famous line.

I walk down the stairs next to Daniel. "It's a good exercise to walk down these stairs!" I say.

Daniel slides down the stairs on the rails. Soon plops off after mom warns him and says, "Daniel, do that one more time and you won't be playing any sports during the school year."

~

We enter the church and see the beautiful mosaics on the roof and walls. Its a large church and so pretty. I'm Catholic so obviously I go to a Catholic Church. I saw a girl in the row we are sitting in and I look over too her and smile. She looks back and waves for me to go over to her.

"Mom, can I go introduce myself to the girl over there?" I ask my mom as I look over to where the girl my age is.

"Yeah go ahead!" Mom replies.

"Her older sister looks familiar! I am going over there too." Laila exclaimed.

I walk over to her and she says, "Hi! My name is Promise Evers! But please call me Miss." Which is the most surprising words I've heard today. Evers...Evers! I follow her on Instagram! Actually, she's the person who inspired me to decorate my room like it is now! The YouTuber! Her sister and her are famous. She helped me.

"Oh my word! Hello my name is Samira Fawn. My Instagram is @smrfwn . I'm not sure if you remember me but you helped me design my new room! You're my inspiration." I smiled to her and shook her hand.

"Thank you so much. And I do remember you of course. Thanks for the support! What school are you going to?" She questions me.

"Vineyard Hills! What about you?"

"Me too! Well I hope to see you tomorrow!" She replied.

Her dad stands up and I motion to her that I am going back to my seat. Her dad is the preacher so he heads up towards the front of the church hall. I sit back down with my family and talk to Laila as she sits down next to me.

I see Laila go on their account and say "Now I know why they're recognizable. Her sister is @itscollins !" Her sister is a model and she is Laila's age. She's goals. Their whole family is goals!

~

First Chapter Done! I need more names so comment first and last names and if i use it, ill give you a shoutout! Thanks everyone! 🕊❤️