IV: House of the Ring

Start from the beginning

"Amber is having a 'Prettiest Ring' competition and needs people to join. Do either of you have any rings?"

"I have a few. I'll go get them." Patricia walked off.

"What about you, Joy?" Nina questioned.

"I have one, but it's really important to me."

"Can I see it? You could win the prize!" Amber squealed.

"Fine . . ."

Joy took off a chain she had around her neck and a ring slid off of it. It landed in her hand and she showed it to us. Patricia walked back towards us and gave Nina a few of her rings.

"There you go. Now can you leave?" Patricia rolled her eyes.

"Sure. Joy, can we use your ring?"

"I don't think that would be a good idea."

"Please?" Amber begged.

"It's just a stupid contest, it's not a life of death situation!"

"Maybe not for you . . ." Nina mumbled.

"Fine. We'll go." Amber sighed and pulled Nina away.

The two of them hurried into Amber's room and closed the door quickly.

"Was that the ring?" Amber asked.

"I think so. We need to get it."

"But how? Joy has that ring around her neck. She's not going to let it out of her sight!"

"So we'll have to steal it, and soon. Without it, KT will die and that can't happen."

"Okay. Are you up for this Nina?"

"Of course I am." Nina smirked.

The two of them began with their master plan. If it didn't work, they might not have a chance at saving KT.

~ § § § § § ~

Once Nina and Amber left, Patricia yanked Joy into her room.

"What the heck, Patricia?" Joy snapped.

"Joy, did you not see it?"

"See what?"

"I know Nina. She wants something, specifically, your ring."

"Why would she want my ring? It's just an old piece of jewelry my grandmother gave me."

"I don't know, but we need to find out." Patricia frowned.

She may not of known what Nina was after, but there was one thing Patricia knew for sure. She would have to get to the bottom of it.

~ § § § § § ~

Nina and Amber did it, they devised a plan. Nina made lunch for the entire house that afternoon and everyone, with the exception of Trudy and KT, sat at the dining table with their food in front of them.