The Freak Out and The Almost

It was the next day when Tsunas fever broke. She woke up in her bed, to the bright sun through her window, hushed whispers and silverware.

She grumbled in her semi-sleep filled haze and rolled in her bed. Five more minutes. She rolled over again until she fell off her bed, banging her head to the floor at an awkward angle. OWW!!

The hushed whispers had stopped and when Tsuna had opened her eyes from the pain in her head she froze, there were 3 people staring at her.

All three people had different reactions to her stare. One was surprised, another looked annoyed, and the last looked like murder would happen in the next second if Tsuna didnt get up. Tsuna let out a mild squeak in surprise and immediately got up to greet her guests. Sasagawa Kyoko, Kurokawa Hana and Hibari Kyouya were sitting by the table in Tsunas room eating crackers and drinking tea, no doubt the work of a Sawada Nana who was now ecstatic that her little Tsu-chan finally had friends over that knew about her.

Upon calming down and greeting her guests, Tsuna had asked in the most polite way what they were doing in her home.

Um, so what have you 3 come to my home foe today?

Hm, you dont remember yesterday.

Um, uh no Hibari-sempai I remember going to school and feeling uncomfortable then I was at home and sleeping in my bed. Is that not what happened?

At the same time her question was asked, Tsuna tilted her head sideways and starred up at Kyouya from where she was seated. Kyouya had to look away to hide his blush.

Tsu-chan!! Youre awake! Oh thank goodness, honestly dear why on earth would you go to school with a fever? If it wasnt for your friends here youd still be at the school infirmary! By the way Tsu-chan, when did you make friends to tell your secret to, mou, you said youd tell mama when you made friends!

Tsuna was dumbstruck, she had no idea how to respond to her mother. She had never told anyone about her secret, so how did these three know?

Actually Sawada-san, we had only recently found out that Tsuna-kuChan was a girl. She hadnt actually told us we figured it out ourselves. This made Tsuna do a double-take, since when had Kyoko-Chan figured out that she was a her?

Nana stood still for a moment, she was contemplating Kyokos words. Then, ever so slightly, she looked over at Tsuna and then at everyone, stopping at Kyouya. Did you all find out on your own?

Hibari Kyouya had no idea what was happening, yet he nodded his head in affirmation, after all Tsuna hadnt actually told them that she was a girl. This seemed to appease the mother of the household as she gave them a heartwarming smile, accompanied by a sunflower background, and left to prepare diner. This left the four middle-schoolers in the room alone, and all attention turned towards Tsuna.

Tsuna-san? Um, since when exactly were you a girl?

Sorry Kyoko-Chan, Ive been a girl my entire life

Hm so you lied on your birth certificate, and school papers. Thats against school rules and the law Sawada.

WAIT HIBARI-SAN!! I I didnt lie on my birth certificate my dad did! I just went with it as my fathers last wish before he left

Your dad, he Tsu-chan Im so sorry I had no idea!

Its ok Kyoko-chan. I dont think anyone else knows either. I didnt even know until my mom had told me the next day. I agreed to stay as a guy until I graduated High School.

Hn. I cant allow it. There would be complications with changing arrangements."

AH! Theres no need to worry about that, Hibari-san. I say I need to go to the bathroom and get changed in an empty classroom, Im pretty sure my classmates just think Im ashamed of my body, yknow, as a boy.

Hn.

Um, so how exactly did you guys find out that I was a girl?

Um, well. Tsuna-Chan, you remember going to school yesterday right?

uh-huh

Well, you were sick and ended up collapsing. After getting put to bed in the nurses office Hibari-sempai and myself ended up going to check on you but-

?Yes Kyoko-Chan? What happened?

Well, you were you were stripping in the middle of the nurses office! Im sorry Tsuna-Chan, but we saw everything, I MEAN! You were still covered by your undergarments!

This took Tsuna by surprise, she hadnt remembered much about the day prior because she had a fever? She guessed that had made sense, but the rest of what she was told had her freaking out. For 1) She had actually been dumb enough to go to school with a fever, 2) She had caused trouble for others because of her stupidity and 3) SHE HAD STRIPPED HALF-NAKED IN FRONT OF HER CLASSMATES!!! Not just any classmates but the school idol and the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee!!

Kyoko, Hana and Kyouya had to wait a bit for Tsuna to come back to reality, much to the irritation of the later. When Tsuna finally came back to herself Kyoko had immediately interrupted her thoughts with a distraction.

Neh, Tsuna-Chan. Do you think that maybe we could be real friends now? Since we know youre a girl now, we could talk outside of school maybe. We could get cake sometime or have sleepovers would that be ok with you?

Tsuna was flabbergasted, she had always had to keep her secret so she didnt make much of an effort for friends so this came as a surprise, a very welcome surprise. Before they had left, both Kyoko and Hana had exchanged numbers with Tsuna and promised to keep her secret. Leaving a very patient Kyouya still seated in Tsunas room.

Thinking about this left Tsuna a blushing mess. She had never had anyone in her room besides her mother, but Hibari was a boy, a very dangerous yet good looking boy. Not to mention the fact that he was staring at Tsuna. Tsuna was getting more heated by the moment, she had never been starred at for so long by someone so Handsome? Beautiful? Deadly? Hibari Kyouya was a dangerous beauty, with hair as black as midnight and eyes so sharp they cut to your soul. Such beautiful silver-purple blades. It wasnt for a few minutes when they had finished bashfully, as she would say later, feeling each other up with there eyes. When Kyouya had finally decided to speak up, he said the most cryptic thing that Tsuna had ever heard.

Ill take responsibility

Tsuna was a little hard pressed for words after that, she was trying desperately to decipher what Kyouya could have meant with that statement. Take responsibility for what?. Tsuna couldnt stop thinking about it, she was so far into her own thoughts that she didnt notice Kyouya scooting closer until he had put his hand on her face. Hibari-san is touching me why is Hibari-san touching me? HIBARI-SAN IS TOUCHING ME!!!

This brought on a new onslaught of blushing for Tsuna as she tried to look anywhere but the mesmerizing silver-bullet eyes that were staring straight at her, but she couldnt. Hibari-san was very effectively keeping all of Tsunas attention on him, AND HE WAS LEANING IN!!!

It was at that moment that Tsuna let out the most inhuman screeching noise on the planet in her head, because it would be very rude to just start screaming in someone elses face like a lunatic. Subconsciously her mind started to fuzz out and she started to lean into Kyouyas touch.

Just as they were close enough for there lips to touch

TSU-CHAN!!! DINERS READY!!

Simultaneously snapping out of there trances Kyouya quickly made his way to the window, while Tsuna was still trying to fit her mind around what had just ALMOST happened. While she was still thinking Tsuna slowly looked at Kyouya, who was trying but failing, to hide his blush from the hazy eyed brunette with the softest skin he had ever felt in his life. Taking one last look at the serene picture the brunette made Kyouya left with one final Request? Command?

Disciplinary room, tomorrow after school, DONT be late or Ill bite you to death.

With those final words Kyouya opened the window and disappeared into the sunset, and Tsuna was left to her thoughts.

She thought about what had almost happened and whether or not she was feeling a little remorseful that it didnt. Only stopping her thoughts to go eat diner and get to bed. She would never admit to dreaming about a certain prefect that night.