"I did..." the door bursts open behind Lady Aileen and in marches Gavriel, Gethin and their father Lord Kier. Logan's final word is lost to the air. With snarling faces the two brothers stride over to him and grab his arms. Aileen watches as Logan allows them to do it, he still does not fight back. Her husband grabs her arm and pulls her around so she faces him. In a hushed voice he asks her just what she thinks she is doing.

Lord Kier is an imposing figure standing at a great height and with broad shoulders; he could easily blot out the light if he wished to. Dark grey eyes beneath dark thick eyebrows scrutinise his wife before he releases her. His strong defined jaw flexes as he glances at Logan. Logan would struggle to see any connection between the girl he loves and this man if it was not for the man's dark red hair that curls atop his head. Aileen steps back, away from him, the bruise already forming visible on her arm.

"What if he decided to kill you also?" Out of Lord Kier's mouth comes a deep, gruff voice. "He is a murderer and should be in the dungeons where he belongs." With a flick of the wrist, men who were hidden in the shadows, emerge and take possession of him.

"I had to hear it for myself." Her soft voice takes on a hard edge as she replies. Her eyes flick to Logan. "He admitted it, he said that he did. I and all of your men heard those words leave his mouth. He is guilty."

Logan's eyes widen and he shakes his head. "No." He bellows before receiving a solid punch to his gut. He folds over in pain. Gavriel's eyes gleam. With the quick strike of a snake Logan takes out the two men holding his arms and floors the man that dared to land a blow on him.

"Restrain him." Lord Kier commands. Logan clenches his fists and raises them up, his green eyes piercing through those coming closer. He takes out another one with a powerful kick to the leg and the man goes down howling. The men now advance more warily. Logan watches them all.

"Logan." His concentration breaks and he finds himself drawn to the voice. There she stands, her face still tear streaked, her hair a fiery halo around her. Her eyes are sad as she looks at him. The men dare to step closer to him. "Halt." She orders and they pause, waiting for a command from someone with more authority. Neither her parents nor her brothers speak. Logan pushes past them to get to her. When she steps back he stops.

"Siren." Her name falls from his mouth like a breath. Her eyes flit to her mother's and she nods slightly.

"Logan. I hate you for what you have done." Her words cause more pain that any physical blow he could receive. "But I still love you and I do not want to see you hurt. This will be the last thing I ask you. Go with these men and take your punishment. Do not cause me anymore pain." She nods her head sharply and his arms are seized once more.

"Take him to the dungeons." Gavriel orders. Logan is escorted out and Zara sinks to the floor crying. Her mother is at her side within moments. She wraps her arms around her and gently strokes her hair. "Mother, sister, he must be executed. Jasiel's murderer deserves nothing less." Zara melts further and their mother sends a quick glare at her son.

Kier places a hand on his son's shoulder. "He is in our dungeons and he will never get out unless we wish it. We have other responsibilities that we must handle first. Your brother must have a burial and word must be sent to the Usani's." His eyes drift once again to the women in his family. "Aileen, take Zara to her room and get her to sleep. I will take care of what needs to be done."

Aileen eventually manages to get Zara to rise and to leave the room with her. Kier orders his men out of the room so he is left with his two sons. "I expected to hear word of an Iceni's demise. What happened?" He sits down in his chair and pins his son's down with his gaze.

"Sparrow turned out to have many protectors and news of her skills were not exaggerated." Gavriel says with an irritated colour to his voice. Gethin chuckles and Kier fastens his dark gaze onto him.

"What is funny about this situation? You went to bring your sister back and to destroy any chances of a marriage between Wolfe and Sparrow. You failed."

"That is not entirely our fault father. We could have killed her if it was not for..." Gavriel jabs his brother in his ribs and he stops short. Their father's eyebrows fall down heavily.

"If not for?"

Gavriel rolls his eyes and sighs deeply. "I do not wish to speak ill of the dead. Jasiel was one of her protectors and he made an arrangement with her. He was weak and did not understand that he should have helped us with what was necessary."

Kier rubs his chin, clearly deep in thought. "Any arrangement agreed upon is void now. He is dead and his words will be also." His throat bobs. "Did he die in pain or was it mercifully quick?" The brothers exchange a look. Kier frown grows deeper.

"He was dead when we found him. Logan chose a time when only he and Jasiel were in camp. We do not know how quick it was, only that that man killed him." Kier nods slowly and rises.

"I will send out a message across our lands so that all may know of Jasiel's life and death. Today we will mourn, tomorrow we will arrange everything." He walks over to the door and opens it. Over his shoulder he orders, "Neither of you will go nor see our prisoner. His time will come but for now we will think of Jasiel." His voice breaks at the end and he vanishes through the door.

○ ○ ○

They shove him into his cell and Logan grunts as he falls against the cold stone walls. The fire from the man's torch blurs his vision in the darkness. They laugh as they walk away, taking the bright orange light away with them. Soon enough the sound of the voices and the light from the touch is completely gone and Logan is left in almost absolute darkness. The only thin source of white comes from above, a small square hole too small to escape through but still containing little iron bars. Logan sinks to the floor and closes his eyes. What else can he do?

Hours slowly pass, Logan being aware of every moment as it goes by. The darkness grows and threatens to strangle him but strangely this is not the most uncomfortable situation he has found himself in. Being alone has always been easier than being surrounded by people. This would be much more difficult if they had thrown him in a cell with many other prisoners. The silence, the darkness, he can pretend he is somewhere else entirely if he keeps his eyes closed and ignores the smell coming from the corner.

His eyes open when instead of darkness he sees an orange light. A girl hovers at the bars, blonde hair tied up on her head. His vision adjusts quickly and he sees her biting her lips. She offers a weak smile before glancing to her side, her expression nervous. Once assured no one is coming she kneels down and pushes a plate under the bars. Logan gets up and takes the plate. He is surprised to see a decent piece of pork instead of several days old bread. "I do not believe you killed him." Is her explanation before she scurries off, taking the light with her, her long blue skirt streaming behind her.