Chapter 6: Little Pig

"How old would you be my child?" is the first question he asks me as I plop down on a hard as rock church bench. The priest slowly lights the candles, one by one, as he waits for my reply.
"Well I will be turning 36 in a few days." I say slowly. I can see the priest smile.

"Good...good. So what's a strong woman like yourself doing HERE?" He empathized the word here with so much unnecessary force I thought the old bench would fold in on itself.

"Oh..." This was strange. None of the lunatics had yet to ask me what I was doing here. I even had to think for a moment as if I had to remember my initial intent. "Well. A friend told me about this place and I thought-"

"And you thought you'd be the brave little soul to check it out?" He grimaced.

"Uh, yes, I guess that's what you could say. Excuse me sir, why am I here?" I carefully ask, sitting on edge of my seat. Then he starts going on a long long ramble about God and shit. I don't remember anything of it, just pretend too look intrigued and kept glancing down at my still bleeding foot. When he's done he looks at me, clearly expecting and answer. I smile and nod, bringing up my hands and slowly clapping as if whatever he said was honorable.
"And are you married?" He continued asking me, he clearly had figured out that I wasn't l religious whatsoever.

"Uh," 'What a rather odd question to ask' he gave me a hard stare. "No sir, I'm not married." I stutter. 'And I don't think I'm planning on it.' I add silently to myself. It was clearly the right answer, as he gave a little smile.

"I knew God would send a new hope for the Walrider Project" he sighed. 'Walrider? Is this another person or..' The way he spoke in cryptic messages really began to get on my nerves.

"Uhm, may I ask what the Walrider project is?" I say carefully. It sounded dangerous and something that I shouldn't touch. Suddenly the priest was all up in my face. He stared at my facial features for a long time before turning away from me.
"I'm trying to help you child." He said in one of those dramatic sighs he kept showcasing. I shut my trap. 'Help? At this point I'm sure I can handle myself,' I wanted to say but kept my mouth shut.

"Yes but sir, the Walrider Project?" I pestered again. This time he didn't do anything peculiar, just continued lighting the candles.

"It all happened a very long time ago. They made us better, at least that's what Eddie keeps on saying. He said, it made us beautiful. He thinks, his therapy made him better," concluded the Priest. I nodded thoughtfully, as if this was all making sense to me. In reality, the only name I realized was Eddie.

"Sir? Who's Eddie?" I asked, fearlessly.

"You have too many questions," growled the Priest. That's when I heard it. Those heavy, heavy footsteps coming down the hallway. I jumped up. The big guy. The priest looked back at me as calm as ever.

"Don't worry dear. Chris only wants to lead you the right way, the way towards God."

I glanced back. There, he was standing in the entrance. I grasped onto the church bench till my knuckles turned white. I needed to get out of here. I looked around frantically. There, in the corner, a vent was open. If I jumped on that bench I could scramble into it. I looked back. Chris was staring straight back at me.

"Little Piiiig," he growled and broke into a wobbly run. 'That's how I know when it's time to leave.' Ignoring my aching foot I run across the room, swinging myself over benches, and jumping over candles. The footsteps behind me come closer. I scramble up the bench and reach for the vent. My hands grasped it and I pull myself up. My body enters the vent, feet last. A rough hand grabs my bad foot. I scream and with unbearable pain pulled myself forward. "Let go!" I screeched. "Let me go!" I screeched and finally tumbled forward, leaving Chris behind. I tumbled through the vent before managing to stop myself. I looked behind me, no one was following me. I sigh in relief and exhaustion and started heading down the vent in a crawling fashion. It went clank every time my feet or hands touched it. I finally stop and sit in the vent. I was so tired. I rubbed my eyes. 'No one will harm me here. It's a vent. Nothing will happen.' I assured myself as I drifted off to sleep.