IMAGINE: Saving Fred from dying in the Battle of Hogwarts

You run through a blazing Hogwarts hall, your ribs aching. You brush a piece of hair out of your face, and feel the scratches and nicks that mark up your face. The Battle of Hogwarts is taking place and is ravaging Hogwarts.

     Suddenly Fred Weasley runs out in front of you. You skid to a stop but end up sliding across the floor and nearly knock him over. He grabs you before you fall.

     You grip on to his biceps tightly. "Fred." You breathe, staring up at your friend.

     "Y/N, what're you doing here?" He asks, helping you upright. He keeps his hands on your shoulders.

     "Well, I was on my way out. What are you doing up here?" You ask.

      "Percy and I just took out Pius Thicknesse." He replies. A loud booms sounds and you flinch.

      Fred pulls you protectively against his chest. "Come on, Y/N, let's get out of here. Percy'll be smart enough to leave." He states. You nod as Fred slides his hand into yours.

     "It'll be okay, Y/N." He whispers, sensing your fear. You look up at him and then nod again slowly.

     Fred and you run off together, preparing to escape Hogwarts before it's completely destroyed.

     Out of nowhere, a huge explosion goes off and blows off the side of the castle wall. You grab Fred just as he walks into the explosion. You're both blown back and slammed into the ground, your body covering Fred's protectively. As debris fall on top of your body, Fred and you hold each other tightly in each other's arms.

     "Fred." You whisper once stones stop falling on you.

     "Yes, Y/N." He says quietly.

     "Are you okay?" You ask, your mouth against his ear.

     "I am. Because of you. I would've died, Y/N. You saved my life." He answers. You slide off of him and sit on the ground, shaking with shock.

     Fred sits up. "Y/N." He says, touching a cut above your eyebrow. You flinch and lightly gasp.

      Fred gently cups your face between his hands. "Thank you, Y/N. Thank you." He whispers, his eyes searching yours. His thumbs caress your cheeks and then he starts to lean forward to kiss you.

     "What happened?" Percy shouts, running towards Fred and you. You quickly pull apart from each other.

     "There was an explosion and Y/N saved me." Fred says, staring at you in wonder. You give him a small smile. Fred pulls you into his arms and hugs you tightly.

     "Guys, come on, we have to get out of here. More Death Eaters are coming." Percy says.

      Fred reluctantly lets you go but holds your hand instead.He helps you up and then you both follow Percy down another hallway.

      You can't help but feel Fred's glances at you, and smile, your heart feeling light and fluttery despite Hogwarts being under attack.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!