Cigarette

A cigarette hung loosely between his parted chapped lips. A calloused hand stuffed deeply into his leather jacket pocket as he leaned lazily against a brick wall. His other hand lightly gripping the cigarette between his index and middle finger as he took a long drag. Exhaling through his mouth slowly, he watched the smoke plume out around him, enjoying the familiar smell left behind.

Of course this action earned a few glares from passers by, but he didn't care. He was accustomed to those looks, and he rather enjoyed the intoxicating sent left behind by his stress reliever. The taste it left on his tongue was just as addictive as the way he felt whenever he took a drag from the cancer stick.

He cleared his throat before sucking at the cigarette again, puffing out smoke rings like a pro. He trained his blue eyes on the twinkling night sky, watching his masterpieces disappear into the night.

A sigh escaped his lips, a little while later, as he glanced around. Taking a deep breath, he tapped at the end of his cigarette before dropping it to the ground and stubbing it out with the tip of his boot. Stuffing his free hand into his pocket, along side the other. He kicked the ground lightly before he trudged along down the side walk, head hung low. If only cigarettes could fix problems the way they calmed him down...