Part 8

Chapter 8

Ally burst into the room before slamming it shut behind her.  Zeke raised an eyebrow at her, making her shrug.  “Where’s Blake?”

“He’ll be here in a minute.  Meet Peyton”

“I’ve met Peyton,” she mumbled before looking at the boy with a smile.  “To be honest, I thought about robbing the cradle with Peyton.”

“Alexis,” Peyton said with slightly narrowed eyes, “I’m only two years younger than you.  You weren’t robbin’ any cradle.”

“Isn’t that cute,” she said, turning towards Zeke.  “Don’t you love the southern twang in his voice?” She turned back to Peyton and shrugged.  “You were still,” she paused with a confused expression on her face, “what do you call it?  Jail bail?”

“Bait,” Zeke mumbled while shaking his head at her.  “Jail bait.”

“That’s it,” she mumbled without looking towards Zeke.  “Oh, and Peyton?”

“Yeah, Alexis?” he said, taking a step towards her as if the boy needed to be closer in order to hear.

“Don’t call me Alexis,” she replied with a smile.  “It’s an old nickname, one that was used because I hated it.  I’d prefer you to call me Ally.”

The boy smiled at Ally.  “Deal.”

The door flung open again, and it was Seb’s turn to slam the door behind him and fall back into it as if he were exhausted.  Again, Zeke raised an eyebrow.  Seb just shrugged.  “Where’s Blake?”

“He’ll be here in a minute.  Meet Peyton,” he repeated.

The boy immediately took a step away from Ally and held his hand out to Sebastian.  The King looked at it for a minute before crossing the room and standing in front of Peyton.  “You’re just a leopard?  No snow leopard, black leopard, or any other magical creature in you?”

“Not a lick.”

Sebastian’s hand connected with Peyton’s.  “Good, can’t handle any more of her strays with magic.  Sometimes, I wake up, and instead of one of the babies sleeping beside me, they’ll be hovering over my head.  Snow leopards,” Seb mumbled under his breath, “damn annoying things.”

“Standing here,” Zeke said.

Seb glanced towards him with a shrug.  “You’re the worse.  Now, what’s going on?”

“Wait, who’s your mate?” Peyton asked with a large smile.  “I’d like to congratulate her.  How many children y’all have?”

“Alex,” Sebastian chided, “what did you tell him?”

She looped her arms around his waist and smiled up at him.  “Honestly, Seb, I didn’t say a thing.”

“Oh, shit,” Peyton mumbled.  “Here I was, flirting with her, and she’s mated.  That’s what I get, anyhow.”

Zeke watched Seb freeze, and he rolled his eyes.  Deciding to turn the situation in a better direction, he took a step forward.  “Ally, call Blake.  Peyton has some explaining to do, and it looks like he needs to be explained a few things too.”

“Sure do,” Peyton mumbled.  “Marcus must have kept us in the dark if I didn’t even know one of our own was mated.”

“Not your own people any longer,” Zeke growled. As the boy’s body tensed, ready for a fight, Zeke let out a sigh.  “It’s pretty obvious that the two of us are slightly touchy when it comes to Ally.  So, if you don’t mind, we’ll wait until Blake is here before talking.”