CHAPTER 14

AVERY'S POINT OF VIEW
I woke up to the sound of an alarm, I opened my eyes and noticed I was in Asher's room. I couldn't remember much from that night besides Asher telling me to be careful, and then we ended up kissing. I smiled and turned to my left and saw Asher who was looking up at his ceiling. I rolled over so I was sitting on him. Asher smiled as I leaned in to kiss him. My lips softly touched his, and a few seconds later I pulled away needed to get ready for school. I rolled off his bed and turned on my music. I played 3005 by: Childish Gambino.

I started to sing and dance around the room. I grabbed my California tee, and light jean shorts. I went to the bathroom and put on my glow up making look. Once I was done, I looked at Asher who was fast asleep.

He is cute, even when he was sleeping. I ran and jumped on the bed. "Asher wake up!" I said shaking him. Once he woke he started laughing.

ASHER'S POINT OF VIEW

"You need to drive me remember..." Said Avery forcing me out of bed. All of a sudden Avery's phone want off. She dropped her arms and walked to her phone and and answered.

"Hello" she said once she answered. In a minute of someone talking her face turned into a frown. She soon started to cry and then she hung up the phone. "Oh my god, oh my god." said Avery calmly but clearly up set. She sat down on my bed staring straight.

I quickly sat next to her worried. "Avery, whats going on." She looked down as another tear dropped from her face.

"I was so fucking happy!" said Avery starting to ball. "I loved it here, I was happy!" She screamed.

"Avery... tell me what happened." I said calmly. She paused and wiped her tears. Her face turned to a huge angry frown.

"My mom is hauling me to Tennessee. I shouldn't be surprised. I just had hope, yeah know."

I stopped, and so did everything around me. I felt sick, like someone took apart of me away. She's hasn't even been here a whole month.

I felt a single tear roll down my face, then Avery crashed her body into mine hugging me. "This isn't fair" I managed to get out.

I said remembering my dad, it felt like this. "It's never fair when it comes to my mom." I felt my face freeze. What the hell is going on. This is a dream, this is a fucking dream! Sudden courage built up inside of me. "We are going to fight this Avery."

She backed away from me shaking her head. "I have been trying to fight my whole life Asher... fuck, I didn't mean to bring you into this," said Avery rubbing her eyes. Suddenly a small idea popped into my head.

Avery started to talk to herself, "You had one fucking rule, don't make friends. Don't fall I love, don't make connections. You know one day you'd have to leave it all behind."

"Avery, we are skipping school today."

She lifted her head. "And what are we doing?" asked Avery.

That I can't tell you." I said pulling her downstairs and into my car. "We just need to get the fuck out of here." I said.