CHAPTER 13

ASHER'S POINT OF VIEW
Avery walked up with me to our table and everyone on the team just laughed along with Avery and I. We sat and started to talk. The girls at the table kept giving Avery little signals, I don't know, a girl thing? Avery started to separate to talking to all the girls. She was collecting numbers. The guys and I started to talk about basketball drills.

Soon later lunch ended and every split to their classes. Avery and I were walking to our next class because there were on the same side of school. While walking down the main big hallway we ran into Tyler.

"Hey" Chloe said making things awkward. It was clear to see Tyler really likes Avery. Tyler just shook his head in disgust and kept walking. I frowned wanting to knock out all his his teeth, just for giving me that look.

Avery and I didn't say anything and just kept walking. "What was that all about?" Avery asked all worried.

"Don't worry about that dick." I said hating every piece of him.

"Do you two have a past or something, you seem to really hate him?" Asked Avery.

"Yeah, I hate me, and yeah we have a past."

Avery held my hand and said "If you want to talk about it..." I nodded even though I'll never plan to bring her into this.

We got to Avery's class, said our goodbyes. I then just walked next door to my class. Of course, sitting right next to my assigned seat was Savanna, why was she even here. I sat in my seat, because I couldn't choose to go sit somewhere else. The day was almost over, I I planned on making it a good day.

"Hey Ashy" said Savanna saying the stupidest nickname.

"Don't call me that," I said tightening my jaw. She faked frowned and I turned my head facing the front of the room. Waiting for class to start.

"Ya know Avery, seems nice. I feel bad for her." I slowly turned my head facing her.

"What the hell do you mean by that..." I said staring in to her eyes.

She was smiling, she was fucking amused. "Well you still love Anna..." As soon as 'Anna' came out of her mouth I was ready to punch her.

"Okay class, get out your books, said the teacher ready to start class. Savanna winked and I quickly turned my around regretting even looking at her. Savanna continued to look at me all class, making me more anger through out the whole class.

Once the bell rung I felt relived. I jumped out of the desk, and speed walked to the door. "Oh Ashy, why the rush... on your way to see Avery... or maybe Anna."

What a monster... what a fucking monster! "You have no right, no fucking right!" I yelled.

Everyone in the hall turned their heads toward me. "You stay out of my life Savanna, you make everything thing worse for me."

She then looked at me all serious and said "if you don't want me to be apart of your life, watch out for Avery," she said storming away.

I turned and walked in the other direction heading to my last class. I was furious, I started to breath slower and slower trying to calm down. I walked into the room and saw my best friend Logan. It sucks we don't have the same lunch.

"Hey dude! Heard about Avery, nice..." Said Logan highfiving me, i ignored his hand.

"Dude Savannas here, just fucking with my head." I said right away. He slightly opened his mouth with surprise.

"Shes such an idiot, I thought I told you to stay away from her, like every time you mentioned her. When was the last time to mutually hung out?" asked Logan.

I sighed and said "about two weeks ago." Tyler face palmed. I quickly sat down waiting for hoping for an idea.

"Why?" Asked Logan looking at me. "Avery and I got into a fight, I needed to blow off steam. Now she's out for Avery." I said pulling my hair.

"Look you can chill out at practice, get out the anger. We have a game tomorrow I want you to channel you anger. Tell Avery everything as soon as possible. We both know what Savanna is capable of."

I nodded as the teacher started to write on the white board. I aggressively tapped my foot on the floor in a steady pattern as I paid attention to our teachers lecture.

✺✺✺

As the bell rung I walked out of the room walking with Logan, we were heading to the gym/locker room. Going to get ready for basketball practice.

"What if Savanna goes to the practice?" Said Logan making me grunt.

"I didn't even think of the that."

While waking we ran into Chloe and Savanna talking. What the hell. "Oh hey guys, you've meet Savanna right?" Said Avery smiling at her. Fuck she's trying to get on her good side.

"Avery wanna head to practice." I said pointing down the hall. She shuck her head. "We were going to head to my house after school, just making new friends." Said Avery smiling at Savanna. "We could stay and watch the cute boys practice." Said Savanna smiling at me. I rolled my eyes to a dramatic extent.

We all started to walk to the gym and Logan gave me the 'what are we going to do' look, and I just shrugged my shoulder, worrying.

I looked to my left and saw Avery and Savanna exchanging numbers. I knew Avery just wanted a girl as a friend, but why Savanna, out of all the girls in this school.

After getting changed, I walked out of the locker room and saw Avery sitting alone with Savanna. God! She's got me so pissed.

We started to warm up by doing layups and jump shots but all I could think about was Savanna hurting Avery. Logan moved next to me holding my shoulder"Dude, control you anger. Don't let her fuck with your head," reminded Logan.

I nodded and caught the ball as it was passed to me. I pounded it into into ground and ran to the cone. I did a quick crossover then under legs. I ran to key and prepared to shoot. I squared up and flicked the ball off my fingers. I watched the ball smoothly go in the holeZ

Practice ended up going really well for me and the guys. I think the game tomorrow will go okay. As I wiped my face off with a towel Avery came up to me.

"You did really good Asher" She said as she hugged me. Once she did she quickly stepped back saying "that was a mistake" I laughed noticing how sweaty I was.